Could you please read my essay and give me some feedback for the last slides?
The prompt is:
THIS FINAL PROJECT WILL BE COMPLETED IN POWERPOINT IN A TIMELINE FORMAT
Each student will develop a timeline of "The Evolution of Violence" and this will include research and information dating from the caveman time to the year 2004. Your timeline will review history regarding gender differences over time, gender roles over time, power, control, political gender issues how this has affected intimate/family relationships. You will also need to discuss if you believe the events on your timeline are socially or biologically determined and why. Include at least 30 events in time
Thank you in advance
26) 1994 - United Nations Conference on Population and Development
- Held in Cairo, Egypt, this conference focused on world population control and on world reproductive health. Abortion, pregnancy, childbirth were the crux of the matter as regards the problems encountered by women on the globe.
- Religious morale was question on the face of the potential abortive means that could be employed for controlling the world population in addition to enhancing women's status.
- Women's reproductive health surfaced on the political stage and definitively came out of the scientific circles studying unwanted pregnancies.
- This conference permitted the global recognition of the population issue in addition to politico-ethic correlates of women's status.
27) 1995 - Fourth World Conference on Women
- Fourth of a series of conferences sponsored by the United Nations on the status of women and that was held in Beijing, China. United Nations delegates had organized a Platform for Action that aimed at improving equality and opportunity for women.
- Thanks to this conference, one hundred and eighty nine governments and more than five thousand representatives from two thousand one hundred non-governmental organizations addressed issues related to women's status all over the world such as women's rights, poverty, decision-making, in addition to the girl-child and violence against women.
- The main findings were that patriarchal ideologies were far from having disappeared, even in democratic and equalitarian societies.
- The United Nations and the governments participating at the conference promoted political and religious evolutions in values, practices and priorities for enhancing women's status.
28) 1996 - Gun proscription in the USA for abusers
- The United States Congress passed the Domestic Violence Offender Gun Ban. It amended the Omnibus Consolidated Appropriations Act that prohibited individuals convicted of a misdemeanour crime of domestic violence, or who were under a restraining order for domestic violence, from delivering, transporting, and owning guns or ammunitions.
- This law was an actual challenge for its proponents because it was in opposition to the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution that authorized American citizens to bear arms.
- Whatever their gender, domestically violent people were deprived from their constitutional right to own, carry, and utilize arms.
- The Domestic Violence Offender Gun Ban was the first law that clearly affected all Americans' political awareness and initiated a nationwide debate about the nature and extent of domestic violence in the United States of America.
29) 1990s - Human ecology
- Studies depending on the ecological system theory argue that domestic violence stems from the interactions between individuals and their environment such as economy, community, politics, and culture.
- Domestic violence is a dysfunctional adaptation to micro and macro environmental cues. Therefore, domestic violence could be removed from society thanks to policies dwelling on teaching people who tend to display aggressiveness, how peacefully adjust to their environment.
- Integration of the biological composition into a theoretical framework focusing on domestic violence.
- Application of pro-social behaviours previously observed in non-human species to human beings.
30) 2000s - Multi-analytic approaches
- The development of computer science in addition to the expansion of various intellectual approaches as regards the study of domestic violence leads to the perception that integrative frameworks are much more necessary.
- Current research benefits from numerous sound theoretical models whose extent and value can be evaluated thanks to the employ of meta-analysis. Computer programs permit to integrate macro, micro, meso, and exosystemic levels into cross-sectional and longitudinal studies.
- Biological and social causal factors in addition to the consequences on human beings' biology and society are, on the one hand, less and less differentiated, and more scientifically scrutinized than they have ever been, on the other.