Why Smoking should be Illegal? Opening paragraph

hannabanana 1 / 1  
Why Smoking should be Illegal

Smoking is a really bad habit for you; you are putting your life/family and the environment at risk. Smoking cigarettes could cause second hand smoking and other illegal drugs. Watching people smoke disgusts me. It seems as though every time I go to the grocery store, gas station or a restaurant there is either customer or an employee smoking outside the door. Do you know how dangerous that is not only to you but to the people around you; second hand smoking is worse than regular smoking. If you smoke you could get lung disease and other medical problems. Do you really want to risk all of that? Do you really want to throw your whole life away just because of smoking? Smoking is really bad habit for you; you are putting your life/family and the environment at risk. Smoking cigarettes could cause second hand smoking and other illegal drugs.
AshleyT23 - / 1  
You should either change the title to "Why People Shouldn't Smoke" or change the wording in the paragraph. You need to add some facts in there, all of these statements are your opinions which is not going to convince people not to smoke. and other illegal drugs . I don't know what exactly you mean by that. Are you saying that illegal drugs can cause second-hand smoke or smoking cigarretes can make you want to do illegal drugs?

Smoking is a really bad habit for you; you are putting your life/family and the environment at risk. Smoking cigarettes could cause second hand smokingand other illegal drugs. Watching people smoke disgusts me. It seems as though every time I go to the grocery store, gas station or a restaurant there is either customer or an employee smoking outside the door. Do you know how dangerous that is not only to you but to the people around you; second hand smoking is worse than regular smoking. If you smoke you could get lung disease and other medical problems. Do you really want to risk all of that? Do you really want to throw your whole life away just because of smoking? Smoking is really bad habit for you; you are putting your life/family and the environment at risk. Smoking cigarettes could cause second hand smokingand other illegal drugs.

Smoking is a really bad habit for youvery addicting, only 4%-7% smokers are able to quit smoking without medicines or other help.; Smoking is you arenot only putting your life in danger but your friends and family's life, as well.the environment at risk. Smoking cigarettes could cause second hand smokingand other illegal drugs. About 2,400 people die with lung cancer each year from second-hand smoking.

Facts:
About 4%-7% people are able to quit smoking without medicines or other help.
Tobaccoo contains over four thousand different chemicals.
Smoke related deaths happen to five people every six seconds.
Cigarette smoke is responsible for more deaths each year than ones caused by AIDS, alcohol, car accidents, cocaine, crack, heroin, fires, homicides, and suicides combined.

Second-hand smoke causes about 2,400 lung cancer deaths a year.
Smoking is related to about 419,000 deaths each year. More than 300 teens in the U.S. become smokers every day.
Cigarette smoking causes 75% of lung cancer cases among women, 85% among men, and 83% overall.

Source:
library.thinkquest. org/3230/facts.htm
eclecticsite. com/smoking.html (this is a website on how much money people spend on cigarettes)
(take out the space)

Key:
Same sentence twice
My opinions for corrections

I don't want to sit here and write a paper for you but that is how I would start it off. :)
OP hannabanana 1 / 1  
Thank you i fixed it all up and i wrote more here what do u think
Why Smoking should be Illegal

Smoking is a really bad habit you are putting your life/family and at risk. Smoking cigarettes leads to second hand smoking. Watching people smoke disgusts me. It seems as though every time I go to the grocery store, gas station or a restaurant there is either a customer or an employee smoking outside the door. Do you know how dangerous that is not only to you but to the people around you? People who smoke could get lung disease and cause the people around them to expose to second hand smoke, which is worse than regular smoking a cigarette because they could get lung disease and other medical problems. Do you really want to risk all of that? Do you really want to throw away your whole life away? Smoking is a really bad habit you are putting your life/family at risk.

Smoking is a bad habit that young people emulate. The more young people that are exposed to smoking the better chance of them becoming smokers themselves, this is why young people should be discouraged from smoking. If they begin smoking when they are young, it could lead them to other addictive and harmful things such as drugs and alcohol. This is why I feel that smoking should be illegal. Many smokers think that what they do don't effect, But younger people like to act like adults and when they see adults smoking they want to emulate them. Smoking is a really bad habit to form and if it's illegal to smoke young people won't be exposed to this addiction.

Second hand smoking is very harmful to non-smokers. As a non-smoker I am very aware of people smoking around me. I know that every time I am breathing in second hand smoke it is damaging my lungs. Infrequent exposure to smoke will not lead to death, but I have noticed an increase in people smoking around me and I am concerned about the amount of smoke I am exposed to. Second hand smoking affects everyone differently. However, people that smoke argue that this is a free country and we all should have a right to smoke anywhere they please. I strongly believe that it's a free country and we all should have the right to do anything we like, as long as it will not damage or affect someone's life.
Smoking is a really bad habit for you; you are putting your life/family and the environment at risk.

Smoking is a dangerous habit that puts one's life,his family and the environment at risk.

Smoking cigarettes could cause second hand smoking and other illegal drugs.

second hand smoking - this is called passive smoking
Also, what do you mean by "other illegal drugs"?

It seems as though every time I go to the grocery store, gas station or a restaurant there is either customers or an employees smoking outside the door.

Do you know how dangerous that is not only to you but to the people around you

Do you know that it is not only dangerous for the smoker, but the people around him?
You better talk about the dangerous substances in cigars such as nicotine
shaddy 17 / 47 7  
Watching people smoke ing disgusts me

Home / Writing Feedback / Why Smoking should be Illegal? Opening paragraph