Social involvement is a good way for students to develop their skills, necessary in further life

thanhtam_tma 2 / 3  
Some people believe that unpaid community services should be a compulsory part of high school programmes. (For example: working for a charity, improving the neighborhood or teaching sports for younger children). To what extent do you agree or disagree?

These days, students increasingly tend to spend time participating in community activities. Many people argue that students should be paid for their contribution towards society. But to my way of thinking, community services should be not only unpaid work but also a compulsory part of high school programmes.

First and foremost, by means of involving students in some meaningful activities such as working for a charity, teaching sports to young children, improving the neighborhood etc. somehow the social responsibility is enhanced within students. Unfortunately, some teenagers do not have many after-school activities. They just return home from school and sit down in front of TV, surf web, or do homework.

Therefore, if these activities are compulsory in students' curriculum, they will pay more attention to them and do them in a serious way. In addition, unpaid community services also aim at helping students doing voluntary work but not for money, it is for the sense of community among students. In my opinion, when people do something out of charity, money should be put aside.

Another point that I should not forget to mention is that students cannot gain any experience without taking part in social activities. Learning is important, but participating in community services is also important. As students become aware of the importance of social interaction, they will involve in voluntary work more often. As far as I am concerned, a good CV for a student to find a good job includes good performances in school as well as in the society.

In conclusion, I think it is a very good idea for student's success as community responsibility is raised among them. And social involvement is a good way for students to develop their skills that are necessary in their life.
Charphil 5 / 27 10  
The text is fine... just try to be a little bit more specific on ypour thesis statement and try to come up with clearer paragraphs.. Think about what I said and try to write more regarding that new idea.. ;)

I hope this helps
MarianaS 5 / 14 8  
Try to avoid describing two separate ideas within one passage. For instance, in this paragraph you are writing about why social activity facilitates enhancement of social responsibility. But in the end of this paragraph there is absolutely new idea concerning influence of social work on development of a sense of community.

In a whole, I think, your arguments are convincing. Good luck!

Home / Writing Feedback / Social involvement is a good way for students to develop their skills, necessary in further life