Writing Task 2 Social Media Have Negative Or Positive Effects?

Faridadwi18 67 / 104 13  
Question : Internet-based social networking sites are designed to help bring people together. However, they have a negative effect on the way we communicate with one another.

Do you agree or disagree?

Social media makes people unite by having an effective communication. Although social networking sites such as Facebook and Instagram providing many inappropriate photos and videos, it increases the opportunity to some professions like writers and bloggers to connect with their readers. I would argue that Facebook influences children to become addicted to it.

The biggest negative effect when children start to use social media is addiction. This is because they are fear of missing out new information.This resulted in losing focus and attention in the class. A 2012 study from Iowa University found that children spent 44.5 hours on average per week in front of screens and therefore this condition will lower the motivation to study. Despite this, social media help students to communicate directly with experts to discuss a particular subject like science and ask input to develop their ability.

In Facebook there are many links in which providing improper photos and videos because all users are able to upload photos or videos without censors. In the February Pediatrics 2010, Psychologist Kimberly Mitchel, PhD, and Finkelhor discovered that 42 percent of 1,500 internet users aged 10-17 were exposed to online porn, two-third of whom were unwanted exposure, meaning that they were looking for it unintentionally. However, Facebook helps them to have a contact with other people with same hobbies such as drawing and support one another.

In conclusion, social media helps children to keep in touch with experts or others who have a same anxiety, but I believe it makes them losing their concentration and leading to sexual harassment.
fadhilmd25 41 / 75 11  
Dear Faridadwi, here are some advices for your writing, feel free to correct me if I get wrong,

Social media makes people unite by ... -->

Social media has united people to have an effective communication

providing many inappropriate photos and videos

it increases the opportunity to some professions ...
it gives the opportunity to some professions, such as, writers and bloggers to engage their work with the readers.

I would argue that Facebook influences ...
In my opinion, I would argue that Facebook give bad influences to children, such as, addiction.

The biggest negative effect

The common negative effect

social media is addiction. This is because they are fear of ...
social media is addiction which is caused by their fear of missing out new information, in consequences they may lost focus and attention in their studies

Hope it helps you to improve your essay,

Regards

Home / Writing Feedback / Writing Task 2 Social Media Have Negative Or Positive Effects?