Nowadays social media and society all encourage people to do what they like

cathylan 2 / 2  
People today spend too much time on personal enjoyment-doing things they like to do-rather than doing things they should do.
(not sure if my content below fits this topic! please advice, on the content or grammar or usage thx. )

Nowadays social media and society all encourage people to do what they like. They said that it is better you choose your major or your career based on your interest. So it seems that everyone is pursuing what they like and doing what they like. But this does't mean that people today spend too much time on personal enjoyment, which is mentioned in the statement. Below are my major points.

To begin with, pursuing what you like doesn't mean spend too much time on it. Nowadays we all tend to choose the course which we're interested in or the job which motivate us most. But we can't choose the task assigned to us in company, we also can't decide to do

homework or not to do. We have no choice. I believe most students don't like to do homework compared with going to party. But they all accept it and finish it in time because they should do it for a satisfied score. That is to say, everyone has some must-to-do work, which they just can't ignore them. University professors need to teach a certain amount of classes and spend some time on office hours with their students, no matter you like it or not. An onsite project support engineer have to deal with many chores for their customers even though those are excluded in his working scope.

Besides, I can't imagine what a mess a society will be if they spend little time doing what they should do. Our society won't function orderly in that case.

Based on the opinion above, I believe that people don't spend so much time on personal entertainment as on doing things they should do.
dina79 20 / 26 3  
this is my suggestion for you

So it seems that everyone is pursuing pursue what they like and doing what they like something which is they like it and do it

in my suggestion, you can look again the word for suitable situation

But this does't mean that people today spend too much [...] Below are my major points. While the trend activities in myriad people is spending much time at the favorite choice, the others argue it has inverse
Ester Napitupulu 18 / 25 3  
You can put a paragraph conclusion at the last line of your first body paragraph, so the reader make sure that you agree with the idea.

Such as:
It is evident that most people nowadays not only do thing that they really like as personal enjoyment doing, but they also should do their responsibility.

Home / Writing Feedback / Nowadays social media and society all encourage people to do what they like