【IELTS TASK2】Social and practical problems caused by non-native speaker in foreign country

blingemily 1 / -  

knowledge of a local language by a foreigner

Living in a country where you have to speak a foreign language can cause serious problem,as well as practical problems.
To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Some people think that when people have to speak a foreign language in a country they live can cause serious social and practical problems. Although I agree that non-native speaker might produce some problem in society and practical area, I do not think it will be developed into a serious position.

Language is a complex culture. It contents policy, history and traditional culture, which is the limitation for non-native speakers to understand appropriately. For most of the people, speaking a foreign language in their country can cause some social problem. Firstly, they may not have a close relationship with others. Since they are not familiar with the using way of grammar and vocabulary. they may use it in a wrong way and lead to some communication problem when having a conversation with others. In addition, as to the practical problem. It might be hard for the non-native speaker to find a knowledge-based job in the foreign country because of their weakness in language skill if the non-native speaker uses a foreign language to discuss contracts and other financial matters with local company staff. It will have a bad effect on company benefit due to their lack of fluent language skills.

On the other hand, some practical and society problem caused by the non-native speaker may not be serious. Generally, natives are kind and friendly, they are willing to understand the mistake that made in-deliberately by non-native speakers, they also will tell the foreigners how to use it in the right way, which helps the non-native speaker to learn this language better. Besides, the local government will also provide opportunities with the non-native speaker to find some physical job like waiters and cleaners so that those people can earn money by themselves. Therefore, the problem will not be getting worse.

In conclusion, while I agree there are some problems existing due to non-native speakers are unfamiliar with the local language, I do not think it will develop into a serious position with the polite communication between natives and non-native speakers and support from the authority.
D12345 1 / 4 1  
In my opinion, there are some improvement that you should do :
1. I think you should improve to use complex or compound sentence. it can be seen in this sentence " Firstly, they may not have a close relationship with others. Since they are not familiar with the using way of grammar and vocabulary. they may use it in a wrong way and lead to some communication problem when having a conversation with others." it will be better if you combined the sentence by using complex or compound sentence.

2. This essay may need improvements in the coherence from sentence to sentence.
Dingyu, , this is a single opinion measured response essay. That means, the "extent" part of the question requires you to respond to a certain degree. That is the main reason why this is an essay that cannot be discussed as a two point of view essay. While it is possible to discuss this as a dual point of view presentation, you will score higher when you respond using only one fully developed reasoning. The way you can show your measured response is by saying, in the instructions paraphrase:

I very much agree/disagree with the provided statement based on several reasons
I strongly support / do not support the given opinion due to a number of considerations
I tentatively agree/disagree
I partially agree / disagree

Those are just a few examples of how this type of essay question is to be responded to.

Now, I have to tell you that your first and second paragraphs are highly confusing and is definitely incoherent in presentation. Your sentence structures are problematic in the sense that there is no clear representation of the thought process involved in the writing. Your vocabulary is incorrect most of the time as evidenced by:

It contents policy = It contains policy...

Speaking a foreign language in their country = Speaking a foreign language in a strange country

Then there is the subject reference problem in this part:

In addition, as to the practical problem. (What?)

Your approach to the total discussion is incorrect. It would be best if you familiarize yourself with the discussion types for the Task 2 essay and also, learn how to discuss similar topics just in case. Click on the similar discussion button to access posts of a similar type to help you better prepare for these types of discussions.

Try to do more sentence structure exercises and also, develop your English vocabulary. I do not mean just learn more English words but learn more English words along with its meaning so that you can use it properly in a sentence when you write your essays. As you can see from several errors listed above, this is a major problem or concern when it comes to your writing.

Home / Writing Feedback / 【IELTS TASK2】Social and practical problems caused by non-native speaker in foreign country