How is the social or sociable constructed at the site of commerce?

beau4u1 1 / -  
My professor is very strict and demands perfection. If you can help with grammar wise, it is makes sense, well organized, and has a strong thesis statement. This is just a rough draft.

A social atmosphere is constructed for example at a site of commerce by bringing different nations to speak to one another and buy and sell goods but at the same time learn about different their cultures and form some sort of relations to one another either bad or good. For example in, "Spectator no. 69," by Joseph Addison, he writes about how at this site there are social intermingling between different nations that are trying to sell and trade goods and at the same time they learn about different languages and cultures. He is pleased is see many cultures in one place and he understands this would not have happened if it were not for commerce.

A social atmosphere is constructed at the site of commerce by bringing people together to socialized with one another.
For example, Addison points out the joy he sees in seeing a social atmosphere that is being constructed at this site of commerce, "There is no place in the town which I so much love to frequent as the Royal Exchange. It gives me a secret satisfaction, and in some measure gratifies my vanity, as I am an Englishman, to see so rich an assembly of countrymen and foreigners consulting together upon the private business of mankind, and making this metropolis a kind of emporium for the whole earth"(2330).

A social atmosphere is constructed at the site of commerce once again by bringing people together. For example, Addison points this out when he hears different languages and disputes,"I have often been pleased to hear disputes adjusted between an inhabitant of Japan and an alderman of London, or to see a subject of the Great Mogul entering into a league with one of the Czar of Muscovy. I am infinitely delighted in mixing with these several ministers of commerce, as they are distinguished by their different walks and different languages"(2331).
"For example" is strange there, at the start. Maybe this is not the beginning of the paper?

A social atmosphere is constructed, for example, at a site of commerce ...

... and buy and sell goods, but at the ...---adding comma

same time learn about different their cultures and form some sort of relations to one another, either bad or good. -----adding commas...

For example in, "Spectator no. 69," by Joseph Addison he writes about how at this site there are is social intermingling between different nations that are trying to sell and trade goods, and ...

I think your sentences are too long! Long sentences are hard to read. :-)

Your MLA looks good!

Home / Writing Feedback / How is the social or sociable constructed at the site of commerce?