IELTS Writing Task 1 - From solar panels on the roof to hot water inside a house

M_amin_N 1 / -  

heating by solar panels

The process of water heating system in a home using solar powered is illustrated by the picture.

How does the process run? Initially, Solar Panels on the roof of a house collecting energy from sunlight. Then, trun on Controller and the pump could push Thermal Fluid in metal pipe to reach Solar Panels that will heating the fluid or liquid before go down to Heating Coil inside the Water Tank. After water heated by Thermal Fluid, it can be use on daily activity such as hot water for showers and taps.

It need to know, Solar panels should not be obstructed by tree and the ideal angle to sun is 90°. Besides that, there are two optional location to install the solar panels, on the roof of a home or on the yard, also every choice have advantages and disadvantages respectively. The former place is difficult to cleaning and maintain, but its above obstructions, while the latter show the reverse.

Clearly, there are some stages in process to gain hot water by using solar powered that absorbed in solar panels. These stages could running well and effective depends on location solar panel installed in a home.

Maria - / 1,098 389  
@M_amin_N
Welcome to the forum! I hope that the feedback you receive here would help you in your writing endeavors. Don't hesitate to approach if you have any more questions.

Be extra cautious when it comes to your grammar as I noticed that most of your mistakes were technical ones. Try to read up more on the tenses and the proper composition of sentences. For example, in your first full-on paragraph, the second sentence is incorrect because it should have indicated that solar panels collect energy, not collecting energy. The latter would be incorrect given the sentence formatting. If you insist on using collecting, you should have inserted either of these: is, will be, or have been. Insert that prior to the word. Be mindful of similar mistakes elsewhere.

Furthermore, when you're detailing the processes, it would be a lot better if you attempted to add more structure to the writing. For instance, after every full sentence (there's a subject, verb, and predicate), try inserting a more appropriate punctuation mark such as a semi-colon or comma. Doing this will give more body to your writing.

You also need to be more consistent with capitalization. Bear in mind that nouns such as solar panels, controllers, and thermal fluid should all be consistently not capitalized.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Writing Task 1 - From solar panels on the roof to hot water inside a house