Solving environmental problems: international organization or local government ?

TrangDiem11 1 / -  
Solving environmental problems should be the responsibility of an international organization rather than each national government. Do you agree or disagree?

In recent decades, environmental problems, such as global warming and natural resource depletion, have been receiving a great deal of media attention due to their substantial impacts on human life. As a result, many environmentalists believe that multinational organizations are better than national governments in addressing these problems. I completely agree with this point of view.

On the one hand, many local governments have no interest in solving the problems for a variety of reasons. First, it is true that most of these governments do not realize the necessity of environment protection. Therefore, if the responsibilities are handed over to them, they will end up doing nothing, which is detrimental to both the local and global environment. Second, since the costs, either financial or non-financial, of dealing with environmental problems is extremely high, most countries are not willing to trade their resources for small returns. For example, many nations, especially developing ones, do not invest money in reducing carbon footprint even though they are affected by climate change.

On the other hand, it is more reasonable that global institutions should in charge of global issues like environmental ones. First of all, by enacting international laws, these institutions ensure that each national governments have to take actions to protect the environment. For example, if there are strict global laws on carbon emissions, the number of countries contribute to global warming will decrease significantly. As well as this, many places on Earth, such as the North Pole and the South Pole, are affected by global warming but do not entirely belong to a single nation. Therefore, if there are no multinational organizations take responsibility for this problem, these places will be damaged significantly.

In conclusion, global institutions should hold accountable for environmental problems instead of local governments. However, each country should support these institutions to combat the issues.
Hetav Pandya 7 / 15 4  
@TrangDiem11
Your essay has a good coherence, but I would like to suggest that you can include a few facts and figures along with names of certain independent international organizations. This will show the reader the depth of your knowledge about the topic. You can also refer to other environmental problems too rather than revolving around just carbon and global warming.

Home / Writing Feedback / Solving environmental problems: international organization or local government ?