The source of controversy: Rewarding the best students or the students showing improvements.

truonglanngoc 3 / 6  
Some people think that schools should reward students who show the best academic results, while others believe that it is more important to reward students who show improvements.

Discuss both views and give your own opinion.

In the field of education, it is true that the question of whether to reward students with excellent academic results or those who showing great improvements remains a source of controversy. While some people believe that only students achieving high prizes should be awarded, I argue that these awards should be given for their efforts is much more reasonable.

On the one hand, there is a variety of reasons why many people encourage to reward students having good academic results. Firstly, awards could make a more competitive learning environment. The harder children try , the higher scores they would get at school. Secondly, by the way rewarding for excellent results, the best students would be identified for promotion. These students can be given more special observations to develop their abilities. For instances, many high schools in Viet Nam have scholarships or awards for the students having best results and train them for national competitions.

On the other hand, I believe that rewards should be given for those who make advance in their studies. One reason is that this could make an equal chance for all students. In some cases, some students feel disappointed since their classmates having the highest achievements are more appreciated. If we reward for those who make great efforts, they will have encouragements in learning. Moreover, by this way, children would be interested in studying and reduce exam pressures. There are many students gain high marks to be awarded without understanding and enjoyment. Rewarding is a useful key if it makes our students have the motivation to try harder in enhancing their knowledge and improving their levels of academic performances.

In conclusion, although rewarding the best students has some throwbacks to some extent, it seems to me that it is better to give rewarding to those who have improved their level in learning processes.
AhmadNashran 9 / 13 1  
Hi Truong, here I have some suggestions for your writing

On the one hand, there is asome varietyies of reasons why many ...

If we reward for thosethem who make great ...
... interested in studying and reduceing exam pressures.
Rewarding is a useful key if itin order to makes our students have ...

Home / Writing Feedback / The source of controversy: Rewarding the best students or the students showing improvements.