Writing Task 1: Source of table by IELTS Cambridge, Test 1 - travel destinations

Fadhilahumar91 61 / 73 6  
The first table gives information about the number of holidaymakers from United Kingdom to travel abroad and their reasons between 1994 and 1998, a five-year period, and the second table presents information about their destinations in the same period. Overall, it can be seen that most people went abroad every year due to holiday. What is more, the most popular destination is Western Europe.

The largest number of people went to holiday is in 1998 with 20,700 visitors. In comparison, the least figure is in 1995, with 14,489 persons. The traveler's reasons to go abroad with other reason is the least with 990 people, particularly in 1998. The popular destination that people traveled is Western Europe and the unpopular is North America.

In conclusion, there are many people go on holiday abroad in every year. Their destination is Western Europe, North America, and other destinations. Also, Western Europe is the most popular destination to travel.

ramzi06 9 / 17 4  
Greetings Mr / Mrs fadilah,
Just let you know what came up in my mind.
I still don't understand why you change all the sentence in present but you state the year that occur in the past.
This may lead you to use inappropriate tenses.
My suggestion is better to adjust the sentence by the time period you'll mention.

The largest number of people went to holiday is in 1998 with 20,700 visitors. In comparison, the least figure is in 1995, with 14,489 persons. The traveler's reasons (please break down what all the reason) to go abroad with other reason is the least with 990 ...

Please check subject verb agreement also, as you mention several popular destination(s) but you state "is" in your conclusion.

In addition, you state similar sentence in thesis statement (the most popular destination is Western Europe) and conclusion (Western Europe is the most popular destination to travel.)

Please paraphrase it.

That's all, thanks
CMIIW

Home / Writing Feedback / Writing Task 1: Source of table by IELTS Cambridge, Test 1 - travel destinations