Space travel vs environment problems? which one is important? PTE

PeterBrown 16 / 25 6  

the importance of travelling into space

The space travel is excellent these day, but there are many environmental problems in our planet we should tackle the problems but not travel space and spend a lot of money. Discuss this opinion.

In the 21st century, a group of people believes that travelling into space is a great idea; however, many environmental issues still exist in this planet and therefore need to be prioritized over space travel. This is understandable as travelling into space is relatively expensive. I totally disagree with this statement and so will be pleased discuss two reasons behind this disagreement.

To begin with, the environmental problems these days can only be mitigated, meaning they cannot be fixed completely and that damages done to the environment are irreversible. This not at all surprising, considering that humankind has been neglecting the environment for ages, so it is too late to find solutions. For example, many species are endangered and some have even gone extinct due to certain self-centered individuals.

Furthermore, the earth is approaching the sun and therefore there is no other way to avoid human extinction but to move to another similar planet. This implies that it is time for scientists to start taking these space travel activities more seriously. For instance, a group of researchers are of opinion that it is inevitable for human beings to not settle on a new planet in the future.

Having discussed the importance of travelling into space, it can be concluded that environmental problems may be marginalized. In other words, space travel should be encouraged so as to increase the possibility of the survival of humankind. Therefore, I disagree with the community stating that environment problems should be prioritized over travelling into space.
DoctorWho - / 46 29  
Hey!

You have a good essay. Nice use of vocabulary and your ideas are put well together.
There are however a few silly grammatical errors. Make sure you focus on that.

Para 1 - group of people believes ....... However others believe that many environmental issues need to be prioritized over space travel. ....... pleased to discuss with two reasons....

Para 2 - To begin with, the Environmental problems...... have even gone extinct due to the self centered activities of humans. ( It's better to attribute the mistake to our entire race rather than blaming it on a few. I think all of us have a part in this.)

Para 3 - This statement regarding the Earth moving towards the Sun is not backed up by "Proven Scientific Data". So, please do check on this. If you are sure about the authenticity of this claim, then go ahead with it.

Good Luck! :)

Home / Writing Feedback / Space travel vs environment problems? which one is important? PTE