The Spammy Pokemon Go Apps Being Pushed to Millions of iPhones

ekalamarsyari11 72 / 108 9  
This is a summary from wired article. Its original title is "Hack Brief: Beware the Spammy Pokemon Go Apps Being Pushed to Millions of iPhones".

Apple users should know the pros and cons of downloading Pokémon Go. The latest study from Trend Micro revealed three party stores that have been deceiving iPhone users. Two of them are Haima, which is based in China, and the Vietnam-based HiStore. Both companies create fake apps related to the popular apps like Pokémon Go then promote the phony apps on social media. These bogus apps are prone to find even on Apple's App Store and Google Play Store.

Apple launched an application of cleanup to overcome this drawback in order to revoke the certificates from useless apps that have been downloaded. However, it was counterfeited fraudulently as soon as the original version has been started marketing.

These kinds of scam apps can infect phone's data with diverse malware. Therefore, one of the solutions to solve this problem is that the developers should protect their apps more carefully and make them more difficult to be hacked by the malicious parties. On the other side, the consumers should only buy their apps from official stores which are trusted.

wired/2016/09/hack-brief-beware-spammy-pokemon-go-apps-pushed-millions-iphones/
Eka, there are a number of misinformation in your current summary article. Most of them are quite serious because it changes the meaning of the original article. For starters, do not change the formal terms being used in the original article. You cannot say "three party stores" because the proper term is "third party stores". If you change the term, you could confuse the reader regarding what you are trying to say. Next, you should have said that while the apps might be able to get into Apple and Google Play stores, they companies are swift to remove the offending apps. Your information in that aspect is incomplete. Your second paragraph referred only to Apple as having cleaned up the fake apps, without mention of Google so that is inconsistent with the original report. Finally, you are not offering a summarized solution in your final paragraph that is based upon the information in the original article. You are offering a personal opinion with a personal solution. That is in direct contradiction of the rules in writing article summaries. There is no room for personal statements in an article summary. Just summarize the facts and nothing more.

Home / Writing Feedback / The Spammy Pokemon Go Apps Being Pushed to Millions of iPhones