Some specialists think that learning a foreign language at primary school is more vital for children

Kelly Wang 1 / -  

it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school?

Some specialists think that learning a foreign language at primary school is vital for children than secondary school. Despite some obvious disadvantages of this trend. I believe that there are outweighed by benefits.

on the one hand, there are multiple drawbacks why students should start learning an international language in primary ages than secondary school. First of all, is that learning another language except their mother tongue causes language disorders in adolescents. This is because they do not conscious of the primary language when they speak every day. For example, students tend to add more foreign words in the sentences. It not only loses the beauty value in their mother language but also leads to the discomfort of listeners. Another is that the primary teachers may not have the necessary language skills to satisfy this progress. If primary language teaching is not stand used. the secondary school could be faced with a great variety of levels in diffident language within the intake. As the result, there is no advantage if students are moved as soon as they change school.

On other hand, there are numerous effective benefits why it is vital for them to begin learning at primary ages compared with secondary ages. Firstly, studying a foreign language early helps to create great language progress in which students provide a better foundation in order to prepare high level in primary school. Younger's brain not only remembers deeply and mimics the sound correctly but also have advantages in next school or their life. Secondly, learning an international language in primary school will be easier via playing games or copying videos. Besides that, the great flexibility of the primary school will help adolescents to maintain learners' authority and progress. As the result, primary students can learn the language in an effortless way whereas they enjoy their childhood.

In conclusion, I would argue that learning an international language in primary school compared with secondary school, bring more benefits than a drawback because of helps the student to approach the great language progress and reduces efforts in learning the language of students in order to make it be easier.
I believe that there are outweighed by benefits.

The prompt indicates: Discuss the advantages and disadvantages. It does not indicate: Do you think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages? You are faced with 2 different types of prompts. One asks for your personal opinion, the other, asks for a general discussion. This essay asks you to use the general discussion format. Your response format is incorrect when compared to the expected prompt question response.

The reasoning discussions properly covered the general discussion considerations and references. So these will receive an appropriate score. However, the conclusion is a failure because it contains a personal opinion which was not asked for in the original prompt. In addition to that, there is a formatting violation in the conclusion because the personal opinion is only presented as a stand alone 3rd paragraph. The conclusion only serves to recap the previous discussion. The essay will be considered unconcluded and in the process, could be given a failing score due to the missing conclusion presentation as expected.

Home / Writing Feedback / Some specialists think that learning a foreign language at primary school is more vital for children