IELTS TASk 2-Many species of animals and plants are in danger of being extinct. What

bobinv 5 / 14 3  
We are at a point where many ,if not most, of the animals and plants are on the verge of being extinct. This has reached such an alarming rate that some species of animals are already extinct and if this trend continues, we will lose more species both in the animal and plant kingdom. There are several reasons for this and I will discuss some in this essay as well as give solutions to what can be done to prevent this.

The most important reason for the dwindling number of animal and plant species is "GLOBAL WARMING". This is a common term nowadays and most people are aware of it but simply choose to ignore. For instance, it has been scientifically proven that global warming is the main factor for the imbalance in the ecological system which in turn affects both the animals and plants in a negative way.

A second reason being hunting down of endangered species for their skin or body parts. For instance, elephants are being hunt down even now for their tusk which is used to make ivory products and sold to the market for an exorbitant price. This clearly shows how the animal kingdom is being affected by the killing of animals.

A further reason is deforestation for the expansion of cities and to use the wood or timber for making wooden materials. We are all aware that due to overcrowding in cities, the cities are being expanded by cutting down trees to make space for more land area for further construction of housing and accommodation. This results in an imbalance in plant system which affects the entire ecological system.

There are several things that can be done to prevent this from happening. Firstly, an initiative has to started by the government to reduce CO2 emission which is known to be the prime reason for the increase in global warming. This can be done by reducing the number of cars on the road and by cutting down emissions from industrial factories. Additionally, there should be a strict law in place to prevent fishing of rare sea creatures like Blue cod fish, shrimps , lobsters. In countries such as Kuwait, there is already an initiative by the government that permits fishing of shrimps only for 2 months. This gives enough time for breeding and hence there will be stability in marine life.

To conclude, I firmly believe that animals and plants have to be protected for our generation and future generations and these living creatures can be saved just by following certain precautionary measures.

I know its well over the 250 word limit. I had to hurry up in the end which i guess lead to a rather incomplete conclusion. ( i completed this in 45 min)

Please rate my essay and post your feedback :)
Shumaila86 11 / 31 9  
This is a common term nowadays and most people are aware of it but simply choose to ignore

no use of this sentence. better give an example to explain its effects.

A second reason being hunting down of endangered species for their skin or body parts

where is 'Helping Verb'? A second reason is to hunt down the endangered species for their precious parts.

This clearly shows how the animal kingdom is being affected by the killing of animals.

rather conclude ur point like' this merciless killing further decreases their species

There are several things that can be done to prevent this from happening.

again no use. start like this: To take preventive measurements, first of all, ...
ur concepts r really good just need a little bit more practice and do grammar as well.
Good Luck

.
OP bobinv 5 / 14 3  
THanks for the inputs..
We are at a point wheremany ,if not most, of the animals and plants are on the verge of being extinct.

it should be "many animals" and "most of the animals" .... So;
We are now at a point where many animals , if not most of them, and plants are on the verge of becoming extinct.

Don't worry about this. Keep practicing and you'll improve for sure. Try to pick points and memorize them by reading others essays on similar topics.
OP bobinv 5 / 14 3  
Thank you Dumi for your comments. You are an inspiration :)
OP bobinv 5 / 14 3  
his essay is nowhere near as long as you might think it is.

Thanks Jeremy.. I need more practice

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS TASk 2-Many species of animals and plants are in danger of being extinct. What