toefl essay: spending money on supporting art or protecting environment

eysa1 1 / -  
A company is going to give some money either to support the arts or protect the environment. Which do you think the company chooses? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

A variety of environmental problems, such as global warming, ozone hole and acid rain, are affecting our entire world severely. If I have the opportunity to help a company make a decision on raising the money either on supporting the art or resolving the environment, I will choose the latter without hesitation for several reasons blow.

First, conservation is more urgent now than any times in the history. According to a statistic conducted by International Animal Preserving Association, we have only ten percent of the animals ever existed, which means biodiversity of our home grievously endangered. What`s more, rising see level, caused by global warming, have reached the level that are threatening human`s life in many countries. If we went on discharging carbon dioxide by non-environmentally friendly cars, nations like Japan would be submerged under the water and weather paten could change causing flooding, drought and an increasing amount of damaging storms. In short, the ecosystem is worst ever and if we didn`t take harsh measures now, we never would.

Furthermore, supporting environment protection will benefit the company eventually. Nowadays, increasingly amount of people pay more attention on conservation, therefore sponsoring conservation is more efficient method of advertising. Just imagine the project your company sponsoring take effect on improving the environment, then your company well be known as an environmentally-friendly company and benefit from it in this consumer-orienting society.

Finally, conservation leads us to a high standard of living. I confess that art is one of the best ways of entertaining human beings, but, with exhaust fumes and acid rain, we have not the energy and enthusiasm to appreciate the paintings or photograph. Biodiversity and more beautiful nature are not only the results of better environment but also are the necessity of photography and other types of art.

Sum up, although supporting art will benefit the human beings and company in short-term interest, I still hold to sponsor the environment protection for long-term interest.
nguyenhathu178 2 / 5  
- what 's more => furthermore or moreover

- rising see level => rising sea level

- have reached the level that are threatening human`s life in many countries => has reached a serious level that threats human's life.

-the ecosystem is worst ever and if we didn`t take harsh measures now, we never would.
=> the ecosystem is becoming worse than before . It is highly likely too late if we do not find efficient measures to solve this problem immediately .

Hope this change will help you.

Home / Writing Feedback / toefl essay: spending money on supporting art or protecting environment