Task 2: the spirit of a small community (benefits and drawbacks)

phuonganh123 1 / -  

Task 2: the advantages and disadvantages of living in a small community?

In the previous time, a range of people used to live in rural areas where they knew each other clearly. In spite of some drawbacks of living there, I strongly believe that its benefits outweighed the negative side.

On the one hand, it cannot be denied that life in the countryside had some disadvantageous factors.To begin with, it was difficult for us to access modern and convenient living. We had to travel long distances to go to the supermarket, hospital or service center that were easily found in town or city. Moreover, due to the lack of companies and factories, the economy was also affected or developed slowly. As a result, we were limited in choosing jobs and expanding our social networks. However, there were also many advantages of living in small villages.

On the other hand, settling in the countryside brought a great deal of benefits. Firstly, thanks to the peaceful and fresh atmosphere, our health was ensured well. The reason for this was the low rate of transportation that directly exhausted fumes and smoke. Secondly, the spirit of community was enhanced and promoted. In any hard situation, the residents willingly helped and supported each other regardless of poverty or wealth such as fire, ill or boring stories. Finally, due to the small population, the local government could keep control of the security and maintain the safety for life of inhabitants.

In conclusion, despite some disadvantages, living in the small community was preferable because of its positive sides.
The minimum word requirement for the task 2 essay is 250 words. There are only 249 words provided in this essay. Though it is only one word short of the minimum, the examiner is still going to apply a minute deduction to the essay as the writer still wrote less than the minimum word requirement. Bear in mind that there are preliminary deductions that can be applied to the score, and these usually relate to word count. While it may not cause a failing score in this case, the exam taker would still wish to avoid any sort of deduction that may have a score lowering effect in the overall consideration.

This is not an opinion essay so the writer is not supposed to offer an opinion within the thesis statement. Rather, the essay asks the writer to merely offer a general insight into the advantages and disadvantages of the topic, without adding a personal opinion to it. Why? This is one of the general discussion types of essays that is offered in the task 2 test. Though the exam taker will not surely be given a similar topic in the actual test, it is best that he learn to write in various forms, just to be prepared. The format that was used for this essay is not acceptable as it does not meet the original prompt requirements. There is a prompt redirection due to the personal opinion presented.

Additionally, the concluding summary requirements are not properly referenced in this essay either. There is no summary and the paragraph is less than the 40 word requirement.

Home / Writing Feedback / Task 2: the spirit of a small community (benefits and drawbacks)