Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

Sports - significant in our society development or merely recreational activities?

gianggiangvn 6 / 12 2  

Some people think that sports play an important role in the development of society.

Others think they are nothing more than a leisure activity.

There are different views on whether sports are significant in our society development or merely recreational activities. It is understandable why some individuals overlook sports but I believe that those types of activities are more than that.

On the one hand, participation in sports is commonplace as many people perceive physical activities after working and studying hours as leisure time. As they work hard and cope with numerous problems and difficulties in a day, they want to be engaged in some events which can help them to unwind or to find joy or amusement. Additionally, many people are aware that sports can be time-consuming; therefore they opt for one they are indulged into and participate in whenever they have some spare time. For example, a number of office workers play football after work in order to relax and meet the like-minded friends without thinking of any other benefits. If they are occupied with tasks or another plan, they will postpone the planned activity.

On the other hand, a considerable number of people know that sports play vital roles in the development of our society these days. In fact, all people from the young to the old are benefited from athletes because while taking part in those activities, their health can be improved physically and mentally. Their muscle built up and the amount of fat reduced results from their involvement in sports. Also, the risk of some types of diseases is lowered to some extent such as stroke, heart disease or diabetes. Athletic participation is a good way to reduce stress and depression by some means and stimulate a healthy lifestyle and habits. When people live a good life their own, the authorities can focus on solving other problems from which human beings can benefit.

To sum up, even though sports have been considered just a leisure activity; however this can be a great approach to upgrade our community.

Home / Writing Feedback / Sports - significant in our society development or merely recreational activities?