I started my first job as a Graduate Engineer Trainee; SOP - Applying for Master's

vella88 1 / -  
Statement of Purpose - Kindly review my SOP and suggest me any correction is required

Having done an inspiring course in Mechanical Engineering combined with four and half years of practical experience, I would like to put to use this knowledge to do my Masters in Supply Chain and Logistics at Nanyang Technological University (NTU) Singapore. This would give me a leading edge in technology and knowledge of recent advancements.

I started my first job as a Graduate Engineer Trainee - Industrial Logistics team in M/s Bonfiglioli Transmissions Private Ltd - pioneer in mobile and windmill gear box manufacturing. As the field was new to me I had to start learning it from seniors and after some months of work and getting hands-on experience in the field I started to enjoy my work. I have acquired a great deal of knowledge about Vendor handling, Store Process Control, Warehouse Management, Supply Chain, Logistics Management and Transportation Services. I have handled multiple projects at the same time and I make sure that all the projects are being done following proper procedures with no setbacks.

With a good professional growth note to enhance my knowledge in the supply chain field and for better career prospects, I have switched over to M/s Royal Enfield - the global leader in mid-size motorcycle manufacturer, joined as a Senior Engineer and working till date in Supply Chain (Procurement, Capacity Enhancement, Inventory Control, Crisis Management, Warehouse and Logistics Management). Working with this organization gave me a lot of knowledge about various disciplines of supply chain, their procedures and respective deliverables, adaptability with different kinds of people on both external supplier community and internal working environment - Internal customers and suppliers. This experience is based on the day to day activities as new challenge in the work field arises, managing and delivering the required outcomes which fascinates me towards my work.

NTU's close links with industry and extensive research links with global organizations will enable me to apply the knowledge and theory to the real practices through the academic practice and respective projects. NTU's focus on the current trends in supply chain will enable me to put my knowledge into a direct practice as well as to develop advanced techniques for future employment in the global market. My carefully planned career path and professional personal experiences in combination with NTU will ensure that I am successful in the future.

My background will also add to the diversity of the NTU community. I am eager to gain exposure to a diverse and international group of NTU classmates, as well as their insight on the industries in which they have worked. I look forward to share my experience on a dynamic classroom environment with them. It would be a great pleasure and honour for me if given a chance to pursue my graduate studies at Nanyang Technological University (NTU) Singapore. If given an opportunity to do master's, I assure that my work would not fall short of your expectations. I hope that you will find in me a deserving and creditable student for Nanyang Technological University (NTU) Singapore.
jahan 1 / 8  
opportunity to do master's, I

I didn't get your interests exactly from your SOP.
I think you should pay attention more to your specific interest
Your essay is quite strong and certainly presents the 4 major information requirements that led you to consider enrolling in a masters degree course. However, the conclusion you wrote is not as strong as the first half of your essay. I would like you to think about strengthening the concluding portion by discussing how you plan to utilize the opportunities offered at NTU instead. Show the admissions officer that you have a definite study path in mind for yourself at the university which will culminate in a grand research project that you hope will revolutionize supply chain management. Such lofty goals and ambitions are always well received by the admissions officers because it tells them that you are definitely going to stay the course, regardless of how difficult it may be for you and that you will graduate within the expected time frame for a masters student.

Home / Writing Feedback / I started my first job as a Graduate Engineer Trainee; SOP - Applying for Master's