Starting earlier, you will encounter more types of sentence structures, grammars and vocabulary

Vns9x 102 / 236 16  
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
Children should begin learning a foreign language as soon as they start school.
Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

Learning a new language has always been arduous for many individuals. The vast majority of them, usually starts comprehending another language, when their childhood have already said goodbye to them, and thus, beginning to learn a language as soon as possible is the best option, since it can reduce your accent and solidify your language foundation. Therefore, I am personally convinced that children should start experiencing a new language, when their formal education starts off.

An abundance of people finds it difficult to learn, for example, English language. It is perfectly understandable, since most of them did not have the opportunity to learn it, when they were young. As you become older, your tongue gradually adjusts to the language that you utilize most of the time. The only way for you to thwart that from happening, is to learn a new language in the beginning of your life. For pragmatic instance, I have an elder brother and a younger brother. They both began learning English at different age, specifically, the elder one from eighteen and the younger one from six. After five years of practicing English, my younger brother managed to possess the American accent, while the elder was no way near that wonderful accent. As a corollary, the sooner you start, the better it is going to become.

Aside from the accent, you can also strengthen your English or any other language foundations, since, by starting earlier, you will encounter more types of sentence structures, grammars and vocabulary. This can advocate you to articulate more like a native speaker. It does not always apply to every single human being because numerous individuals tend to never put any efforts into their subjects, when they are young, notwithstanding they will still be better than those who start learning a language later, when it comes the accent. Envision yourself, being a lucky kid with lots of chances of studying English, apparently, sooner or later you will surpass other typical kids because you have a better understanding of English. Hence, it is imperative to urge your child to study any language right in the beginning of his education time.

Consequently, the benefits of commencing to study a language, when you are young and ingenuous are enormous. Taking all the points into account, I have a robust belief that start doing anything early in this life is lucrative, including languages.
moleman 2 / 5 4  
Just my two cents:
1. The first paragraph

The vast majority of them, usually starts comprehending another language, when their childhood have already said goodbye to them, and thus, beginning to learn a language as soon as possible is the best option, since it can reduce your accent and solidify your language foundation.

This kind of sentence is always unnecessarily annoying to me(you should know what I mean since i've done the same before). And I will give it a try while being as close as possible to your version(though actually i don't agree with your arguments).

The vast majority of them usually start to learn a foreign language from their teenage, which makes it a better choice to begin the learning at an much younger age, since it can more easily minimise the accent and lay all the foundation for further study.

2. The second paragraph

since most of them did not have the opportunity to learn it, when they were young.

Obviously it is a false proposition. Most learn the foreign language from middle shool age, namely age 12-13, which by any definition is a young age.

And about your arguements, it seems that you mistake accent for proficiency in a language, Which, by the way, seemingly serves as your sole weapon to back your arguments. Accent is never a big deal in communication unless you are in a English-teaching profession.

3. The third paragraph
Your arguements are weak and untenable. You seem to try to establish a claim that if begining at a younger age,you will have a head start over others.But the problem is that if the pedagogy is applicable to everyone, the head start would be nonexistent.

4. Consequently, you fail to make a sound and strong case for your stance. Try firstly make clear some critical concepts: young(maybe age 10-30) VS as soon as they start school(age 6 or 7), accent VS proficiency. To make matters even worse, the last part of your conclusion--

I have a robust belief that start doing anything early in this life is lucrative, including languages

--is shocking and ridiculous. Do you suggest people should start to smoke, to steal, to kill or to screw at a young age, since there are many benefits, including 'lucrative'.
OP Vns9x 102 / 236 16  
Thanks for your comment, it was so useful. I hope i will be able to see your comments in my upcoming essays as well.

Home / Writing Feedback / Starting earlier, you will encounter more types of sentence structures, grammars and vocabulary