IELTS C13 T2 - The statistics in percentage of households regarding their forms of accommodation

frr0717 1 / 1  
HELLO! I need helps with the following question:

The chart below shows the percentage of households in owned and rented accommodation in England and Wales between 1918 and 2011.

Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

Write at least 150 words.

The following blue print is my answer:

Crystalized in the column chart are the statistics in percentage of households regarding their forms of accommodation - both in ownership and in lease contract - in England and Wales between a spectrum of 94 years starting from 1918. Theses years witnessed a steady increase in owned accommodation for most the time and thus a corresponding stable decrease in that of rented forms.

According to the graph, approximately one fourth (23%) of the residents lived in their own accommodation in 1918, then the figure rose gradually to 50% in 1971 which was equivalent to that of those living in rented places, except a period of 15 years (from 1953 to 1961) that remained level at a little bit less than one third. There was a consistent growth until 2001, to nearly 70%, followed by a 5% dip in ratio in the next decade.

In stark contrast, however, the pattern for rented accommodation citizens in the period was totally in reverse. Beginning at a highest 77%, those who rented a place for living slowly fell to less than one third (31%), before a moderate climb of 5% to 36% in 2011. Again, in the middle of the time spectrum from 1918 to 2011, the two counterparts were equal in size.

Thank you very much!

Crystalized in the column chart

Good work on advanced English word usage. This is definitely an impressive college level English word that will catch the eye of the examiner, causing an increased consideration in your LR score. It shows that you are addressing a professional audience whose knowledge of English is at par with that advanced academic degree holders.

Theses

There is no such word in the English language. These is the the plural form of the singular reference "this". Ooops. While you will receive increased marks in the LR score, you will also receive a minimal deduction for this word usage error.

Basically, you show a very good analysis of the image presentation. The problem, is mainly in the way you form the sentences in the paragraphs. The way you have the sentences presented are too busy. You try to compress too much information in a single sentence presentation, causing a confusing and difficult to follow analysis. As a general rule, you can use only one thought / idea in every sentence presentation. The essay is too long because of the over analysis. This means, you may not have enough time to complete a simple analysis, are required, within the 20 minute time allottment.

Always remember, run-on sentences force grammar errors and, when faced with only 20 minutes, an overview analysis and comparison will work best. It is best to analyze the obvious, but not too deeply since this is not a class report and analysis paper. It is only a test to prove that you are capable of producing simple analysis papers. Keep it at at least 175 words, but no more than 200.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS C13 T2 - The statistics in percentage of households regarding their forms of accommodation