"Stone and Dylan": Who has made an impact on your life; how, why is he/she important

mallorypreston 1 / -  
I came into this world as a tiny, two-pound ball of hair and skin; I was made up of nothing more than the necessities, and I am being generous. I was attached to breathing machines, needles, tubes, and monitors of every sort. My father, realizing the grim chances of my survival, stood dismally overlooking my incubator.

I was not supposed to live. In fact, I was a miracle.
But so were my two brothers, Stone and Dylan, who were positioned beside me with the same weary fate of death facing them.
However, God was watching over us that warm August day, and my brothers and I were given a chance at life.
I was given the unusual circumstance of being a triplet. Consequently, I was guaranteed the unusual circumstance of growing up with my brothers by my side. While I do believe that unconditional love is unobtainable on this earth, I consider my brothers and I to have a bond that has almost reached that level.

My brothers and I are completely different. Stone is innately intelligent, musically deft, and slightly irritating. Dylan has to work harder in school, is very laid-back, and is easily irritated. I am smart, trustworthy, and somewhat bossy. While many would consider our personalities as terrible combinations, my brothers have been the most prodigious influences in my life.

Our differences have brought forward the most amazing outcomes in how I get along with others. After being the sibling in charge for so long, I gained incredible leadership skills. I can take charge of any situation, no matter the pressure. I have learned to be open-minded. I can work with all different personality types. After all, I have worked with two complete extremes of the spectrum my entire life.

Stone and Dylan have shaped me in another way as well. I am able to depend on them at all times, because unlike others, Stone and Dylan are going through the exact same situations at the exact same times as I am.

I was thrown into high school unprepared for how cruel it was going to be. The girls were mean, competitive, and wild. It was hard for me to acclimate to my new high school life, and in fact, I did not really want to. After working hard on schoolwork, I was forced to try to make friends with people who honestly could care less if I was their friend or not. However hard my most of my days were, I was able to lean on my brothers during my toughest moments, and with their help, I was able to breeze through high school, knowing that I had two people on which I could rely through thick and thin. I end up with amazing friends, incredible hobbies, and a reputation for academic excellence.

Stone and Dylan came into this world with me, so naturally, we have gone through eighteen years of life by each others' sides, molding and shaping one another just as easily as the day God gave us a second chance.
ButSo were my two brothers, Stone and Dylan, who were positioned beside me with the same weary fate of death facing them.

However, God was watching over us that warm August day however, ---I took the liberty of changing this sentence around a little, but either way is okay.---and my brothers and I were given a chance at life.

I was part of this unusual circumstance of being a triplet.

After all, I have lived and worked with two complete extremes of the spectrum my entire life.

...I was forced to try to make friends with people who honestly could not have cared less if I was their friend or not.

I ended up with amazing friends, incredible hobbies, and a reputation for academic excellence.

I love your essay!! Have fun in school and good luck!

:)

Home / Writing Feedback / "Stone and Dylan": Who has made an impact on your life; how, why is he/she important