Stratergic PR - Vietnam - The Genki Festival

Anh_Thu1905 2 / 3  
BACKGROUND
The Japan Foudation, Centre for Cultural Exchange in Vietnam, the Japan - Vietnam Link Company Limited and the Communist Youth Association were organizers of the Cherry Blossom Festival (Genki festival) in Ha Noi in 2007 which is in other to exchange culture and build the strengthen cooperation relations between Japan and Vietnam. This even had attracted a lot of students and youth.

However, there were some serious issues which led to the negative effect to the festival. Uncivilized behavior was the worst. For example, people jumped in the queue, smash flowers stalks and litter. In other to solve that significant problem, the organizers had to hire 500 security guards to watch and control the situation. It led to the increasing of an unnecessary cost. All in all, it still was seen as a short term solution.

There is another Genki festival which will be organized in Ho Chi Minh City in 2012. The organizer wants to avoid and eliminate the bad behaviors in the next Genki festivals. Therefore, they want to have a Public Relations strategic plan during a year since June 2011 to educate the Ho Chi Minh youth about cultural value and social manners.

Key Findings
In 2008 - 2009, Ho Chi Minh and Ha Noi had a lot of programs to educate about civilized lifestyle. However, Dr. Nguyen Duc Nghia, deputy director of the Ho Chi Minh City National University said that the campaign was not success because of the failure of attracting the attention of the citizens (cited on Vietnamnet.vn 2009).

According to SGGP (2010 cited on info.vn) and Vietnam Plus (2010 cited on Bao Moi.com), The Ho Chi Minh People's Committee want to extend the campaign and encouraged citizen still follow the theme as '2010 - Years of civilized lifestyle'. There have several activities to promote that civilized lifestyle campaign. The first method was propaganda in widely publics by companies, clubs and Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union. The secondly was the strictly and heavy sanctions (Look at Vietnam 2010). Finally, all of students were educate about culture values and social manners in schools and universities.

As the result, the civilized behaviors effected social manners in Ho Chi Minh youth. For instant, two greatest festivals in Ho Chi Minh were Spring Flower Festival and Nguyen Hue Flower Street event in 2011 were successful without jostle and smash flowers stalks or litter such as (Dan tri 2011 and Hai Duyen 2011).

According to Nguyen (2010 cited on Nguoi Viet Kharkov 2011), culture behavior is the spirit and represents the civilization of every country. It not only reflects the beauty of people but also reflects the culture identity of a community, country and nation. Therefore, it is always necessary and important to have some campaigns to develop manners and senses of the Vietnam youth.

Also, disadvantaged children do not have opportunities to utilize the Internet- one of the most effective tools to interact with audiences (Harrison 2008), this PR plan will more concentrate on face- to- face communication to spread out the message to the target publics.

Opportunity statement
Due to the fact that Ho Chi Minh youth have a strong awareness about the civilized lifestyle, the Japan Foundation, Centre for Cultural Exchange in Vietnam, the Japan - Vietnam Link Company Limited and the Communist Youth Association will launch a communication campaign to point out the importance of their good behaviors in society and encourage the Ho Chi Minh youth to promote the polite behaviors in social manner after launching the campaign.
trang_bee 2 / 7  
In other to solve => in order to
As the result =>as a result
It not only reflects the beauty of people but also reflects the culture identity =>it reflects not only the beauty of people but also the culture identity

there are just some suggestions of my private opinions.
:-)
In 2008 - 2009, Ho Chi Minh and Ha Noi had a lot of programs to educate people about civilized lifestyles. However, Dr. Nguyen Duc Nghia, deputy director of the Ho Chi Minh City National University said that the campaign was not success because of the failure of to attract the attention of...

Finally, all of the students were educated about...

As the a result, the civilized behaviors affected social manners among Ho Chi Minh youth.

For instance, the two greatest festivals in Ho Chi Minh, Spring Flower Festival and the Nguyen Hue Flower Street event in 2011, were successful without jostling and smashing flowers stalks or littering (Dan tri 2011 and Hai Duyen 2011).

...cultural behavior is the spirit and represents the civilization of every country.----This sentence is okay, but it is a little awkward.

... to promote politeness in social gatherings after launching the campaign.

:-)

Home / Writing Feedback / Stratergic PR - Vietnam - The Genki Festival