Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

'Stress needs some causes to be developed'; Ways of controlling our own stress

amir50 1 / -  
HOW WE CAN CONTROL OUR STRESS?

Philosophers say that everything needs some causes for its creation. Of course stress is not an exception. So Stress needs some causes to be developed. If we recognize the causes of stress we can prevent its creation. But how we can do it, is something that will be discussed in this writing.

The First step relates to recognizing the things that cause stress for us. Some psychologists have proposed several methods for stress recognition. One of the best and most useful methods that they have suggested is a list method. In this method you have to prepare a list which contains everything that can cause stress in you. After recognizing these factors and developing your own list, you can decide to do some modification on each of the items, and prioritize them from the most severe one to least severe. As a first modification you have to reduce your exposure time to each item and avoid unnecessary stressful work as much as possible. For example, when it comes to driving, if driving your own car in traffic increase your stress, don't drive, at least in the rush hours. If the first solution doesn't work probably, it's better to try the second solution. In this way, you have to find a substitution for your stressful activities. For example if a formal meeting makes you stressful, and you can change it with a phone conversation, don't wait. In brief, when you want to reduce your exposure time, you have to do every thing to avoid stress.

But psychologists think that these ways are not very effective and you can't do these every where. In fact, they prefer to change your thinking and your idea about some stressful work. They want to make you believe that this work is not as stressful as you think. Through this procedure, after a while they change your mind and your thinking way. In fact by doing some exercises you will change and adapt to a new thinking way. They also have some methods for these interventions too. Some of these methods are not complicated at all. For example, most of the time they recommend that the shy people join to the groups of friends and do more social activites. If someone follows these methods, after a while, his or her thinking way will gradually change and he or she will become more a social person in practice. So if we can recognize the root of the problems, we can find some solution for them too.

Home / Writing Feedback / 'Stress needs some causes to be developed'; Ways of controlling our own stress