I strongly advocate that it is more preferable for students to study together, instead of alone

able_Person 5 / 9 5  
[TOEFL]Some students prefer to study alone. Others prefer to study with a group of students. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Any comments or suggestions are welcomed. Thanks in advance!

Some students believe it is better to study alone than it is to study with other students, with which I disagree. From my perspective, I strongly advocate that it is more preferable for students to study together, instead of alone, for the following reasons.

To start with, studying together can help students develop their social skills. Some people may argue that studying with other students can be less efficient because of many distractions such as noise. However, they completely ignore the fact that students who prefer to study alone also miss the chance of sharing what they learned in the classroom and what kind of research field is attracted to them. These sharing experiences will drive students with the same interests to form their own studying group and may even lead them to conduct specific researches together in the future.

What's more, studying together can strengthen students' team-work spirit. After all, it is a well-known fact that teamwork is the cornerstone in the current business world. Students who study together will have more opportunities to cooperate with other students, which enables them to learn how to work with others over time. Therefore, it stands to reason that students who have a good idea of teamwork are bound to assimilate into the culture of the company more rapidly after they get hired. For that reason, they will be more likely to have a good performance in the long run.

Based on the arguments mentioned above, I come to the conclusion that studying alone will cause students more harm than good. With the development of our society, we have to set a higher standard for the graduates, which means they should know how to gain knowledge through books and through practical experiences. Therefore, studying together doubtlessly gives a good opportunity for students to enhance both of these skills at the same time.
Wolf Larsen - / 127 47  
able_Person

You should consider applying some stylistic adjustments to the text so that it sounds better. They are as follows:

to study [...] with others...
I strongly advocate that [...]no need for this sentence.
what kind of [...] letting their teachers know what particular research field suits them the best.
cooperate with [...] with their peers....
which enables [...] which should enable them to...
I come [...] to conclude that...
With the development [...] Given the continual development of...

Other than that, your text is good. I hope it helped. Regards.
Hi Matt, please find my little help below.

- I strongly advocate that it is more preferable for students

- is attracted tointerest them.
- own studying group and

- students'( an apostrophe is not necessary in the word "students")
- to cooperatework with other students,
- to workdeal with others over time.
- of thea company
- more rapidly afteronce they get hired.
- For that reasonHaving said that ,

- I've come to the
- should know how towill gain knowledge

There you have it Matt, overall, there's not a lot to change or to modify in your essay, you have captured the essence of the essay and how to approach the task at hand, the above remarks are suggestions that will hopefully strengthen your essay.
OP able_Person 5 / 9 5  
Thanks for the compliment, justivy03. However, I think my vocabulary is not so strong and far from enough.

Anyway, I will keep working on this essay and avoid the same mistakes next time.

Thanks again!

Home / Writing Feedback / I strongly advocate that it is more preferable for students to study together, instead of alone