Structure and creators of the Stonehenge - TOEFL writing/

Husseinova 7 / 13  
Please, give your advice and correct my mistakes.Thanks beforehand=))

In this set of materials told about Stonehenge monument. IN the reading section they notify us about structure and creators of the Stonehenge. Contrast in these, the listening passage denies the information about beliefs of creation and supplements additional information about the age of the Stonehenge.

Firstly, I want to talk about the structure of the Stonehenge. This huge structure is located on Salisbury Plain in the south of England. The main structure of Stonehenge consists of 30 upright stones, each weigh 26 tons. These stones are arranged in circle, and there are 30 supplemental six-ton stones sitting on the top of the upright stones. There is a second circle in the inside of main circle. Inner circle of stones is also composed of upright stones with additional stones atop the upright stones. Then, I want to talk about the creation of the Stonehenge which is told in the reading part. The first most commonly held belief about construction of Stonehenge is cliché that persists that it was built by Druids - the high priests of the Celtic culture in England. They have built it for to hold religious ceremonies there. This structure was firstly found by an antiquarian John Aubrey in 17th century. He came across this monument while hunting with some companions. Knowing about the structure, he included a chapter in his giant work Monumenta Britannica to advocate this idea about the creation of Stonehenge. Another antiquarian and scholar Dr. William Stukeley became deeply involved in the study of a possible relationship between Stonehenge and Druids. He agreed with Aubrey`s pretensions that, it was created by the Druids.

However, the listening passage denies the belief of creation by Druids. Scientists have investigated the creation of Stonehenge. The analysis have shown that dates just don`t match up. This problem is not absolutely clear. There are two different outcomes about the counts` arrival in England. The first theory is about their arrival in 1500 B.C. and the second is in 800 B.C. There is a universal agreement about that, they were not in England before 1500 B.C. Secondly, they talk about the age of Stonehenge. Modern Carbon Testing has shown that, it was built in 3 phases. The first is in 3000 B.C., the second in 2800 B.C., and the third is in 2100 B.C. It shows Druids had not yet arrived in England when Stonehenge was built.
mywill 4 / 10  
You know, it is hard to help you improve your skill in intergrated task. Despite the fact that your grammar strikes nothing wrong, how can we know you cite the important points or at least correct from the reading as well as the listening passage.

By the way, you should not follow the open paragraph like : in this set of material,... I do not deny its aptness but not skillful in using word.

For example: The growth of tourism pointed out clearly by the author in the passage is supported by the professor in his lecture through exemplifying some instances of tourists.

This is a tiny tip you should learn and change the way you express your point. Writing does not confine to a fixed way. The more ways you can drift, the more successful you will be. I bet

Nice to meet you
OP Husseinova 7 / 13  
Contrasting these, the listening passage deny the information why so? we talk about "passage"
mybloodyromance 2 / 5  
Avoid capitalizations which don't make any sense. "IN the reading" N has to be n.

Home / Writing Feedback / Structure and creators of the Stonehenge - TOEFL writing/