Writing Task 1: A structure that is used to generate electricity from wave power

septiadara29 48 / 67 9  
The diagrams show a structure that is used to generate electricity from wave power.
The diagrams illustrates how wave power can produce electricity by installing a simple structure nearby cliff or sea wall. Overall, the electricity can be turning on, if the current wave moves into the landward.

To create a structure, needs a specific shape of column, a turbine, and a lamp which should be installed in the edge of cliff. The column contains of two steels that connect with each other, and these steels create a chamber formation in other side whose shape similar to current wave. In addition, the two steels are also used to hold a turbine which has same direction, and connect directly to the lamp.

First of all, the function of the column is as a recharge area when the wave appears to move onward to the sea wall. Then, a strong wave is able to convert a large air which can conduct the turbine to produce a power as the main electricity for the lamp. However, if the wave is moving seaward again, the turbine can generate a small amount of electricity. (172)

Beauty17 56 / 88 5  
Halllo septia.. here my suggestion for you, i hope it helps!

The diagrams illustrates illustrate how wave ...

1. Be carefull toward subject verb agreement. I suggest you to re-check your essay before you submit it.

2. Based on your essay i quite confuse about your explanation because you did not put any information which one your explanation for A diagram or B diagram. You essay will be better if you make it more clearly thus you will get higher score in your task achievement.

Good Luck!
akbarmappiare 31 / 469 275  
Hi Miss Septidara.

I have read your writing detailed. A few components I will review.

how wave power can produce electricity

Actually, the turbine can spin because of the power of wind. It is not only from the beat of wave but only from upside. Pay attention specifically to the picture B. The wind comes from the upside of the turbine.

You unsuccessfully give the overview precisely because the turbine can still generate the electricity, whereas the wave moves out of the landward. Be careful of deciding the overview. You are supposed to analyze the data detailed and carefully. It can influence your score markedly if you fail to display the accurate overview.

I really like your way to group the data. You can successfully transfer the information to readers well. Actually, I was surprised because you mentioned that the material of the column is pieces of steels. However, I think that is guessing well because you can make the readers sure. You guide the readers to get the information with the good logic flow. It is a good job. One thing which I disagree your description is an explanation that there was a difference between the amount of electricity in those two conditions. Please, Be careful to include your opinion if there is a proof to strengthen your opinion.

Overall, It is the good explanation.

Home / Writing Feedback / Writing Task 1: A structure that is used to generate electricity from wave power