IELTS TASK 2 : THE STUDENT'S DILEMMA - STUDYING AT UNIVERSITY OR GETTING A JOB

thaonguyen1902 2 / 1  

The Student's Dilemma

Some people believe that studying at university or college is the best route to a successful career, while others believe that it is better to get a job straight after school

Discuss both views and give your opinion.

After finishing school, teenagers are always confused about whether to get a job or continue their education. While some people think that getting a job is more beneficial than chasing university level, I would argue that it is better to go to university or college.

Undeniably, there are some benefits to attract student starting a job straight after school. Many young people crave to earn money as soon as possible. In this way, they can live independent and able to purchase their needs such as house, car and other facilities. Hence, they are ready to settle down with their consistent life. Moreover, not only does having a job help their finance, it also brings you a chance to gain real experience and learn practical skills related to your chosen profession. This completely plays a role in your promotion and a successful career.

On top of that, there are several reasons that convince me to believe in the educational path. Firstly, a university or college is the one and only place where you can achieve academic qualifications. For instance, you cannot turn yourself into a doctor, a lawyer or a scientist without having a relevant degree. Therefore, university graduates have better job opportunities and higher salaries than those with fewer qualifications.

According to those achievements of studying university, it seems to me that students are more likely to be successful in their lives if they go on their studies beyond the school level.
rivathh 5 / 10 6  
@thaonguyen1902
hello there,
1. a grammar mistake in the second paragraph: "starting a job straightly after school"
2. "they are ready to settle down with their consistent life. " the word makes me confused.
3. You tend to hold the perspective to go to university or college rather than get a job. However, the point you list in your third paragraph seems less than the second paragraph, which makes your views not strong enough.

Gook luck!

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS TASK 2 : THE STUDENT'S DILEMMA - STUDYING AT UNIVERSITY OR GETTING A JOB