Should Students (not administrators) control their own education?

inform 8 / 21  
Topic : Students , not teachers or administrators should be in control of their own education.
--

Even though it is important that student should be given full control in planning their education, however, I feel that some control allotted to the teachers or the administrators would be beneficial for the students. This would helpful the students in a number of ways. They are getting proper guidance, following rules and help in career path.

To begin with, students require proper guidance. In the early age, students have the passion to do things. They have courage and motivation but without proper direction they might end up losing focus. For example, one of my friend was good in playing musical instruments. He was extremely passionate about this. But, as not being good in studies was forced by his parents to concentrate more on exams. As a result he left his interest in music. Important point to note is, there was no one to show him correct path that he could balance his time and concentrate on studies as well on his other interests. In this case, teachers would have been helpful.

In addition, students need to follow some rules shown by teachers and administrators. Students if not disciplined will waste their time. For example, some students in my college used to skip their classes regularly. They do not utilize this time rather would freak in college canteen. They had power to do this due to no strict rules implemented by the college administrator and teachers. Had there been minimum attendance rules where students need to attend at least minimum number of classes for each subject they would not have done this.

Moreover, student need help in career path. Teachers have good deal of information about the student's strength and weakness. So they can guide students in planning an effective career path. Students have high thoughts of becoming a doctor or engineer but in the end they just end up completing their undergrads in some course just to complete their studies. Teachers could guide the students on which field they should select depending on their interests and strengths.

Finally, I think that some amount of control should be given to teachers and administrators so that students effectively and efficiently select their courses , abide to rules and move in the right direction rather than wasting time and money.

--
ah_zafari [Contributor] 40 / 672 148  
Hi. I would like to mention just one important thing. An introduction should start with a motivator before restating the topic. A motivator not only attracts the attention of a reader to keep reading an essay, but also it can prepare the mind of a reader for the main idea of the essay which is stated in the next sentences of the introduction. Motivator is an imperative part of an essay and you should consider it.

Regard
Ahmad
Hi Sudhir,

Even though it is important that students should be given full control in planning their education, however, I feel that some control need to be allotted to the teachers or the administrators because that would be beneficial for the students in a number of ways.

This would helpful the students in a number of ways. ------------ In your previous sentence you say it would be beneficial to students and therefore this sentence becomes redundant.

In the early age, students have thetend to be carried away by their passion to doof doing things.

To begin with, students require proper guidance.

Your theme is not about guidance.... it is about whether students need full control over their education or the administrators... so you've got to link this idea with your argument, otherwise it may sound not relevant. Why not say ;

To begin with, students need some freedom to choose what they want to study because if they are forced to pursue something against their intersts they may become total failures in life.

one of my friends was good in playing musical instruments --------------- I can see that you have improved your structure by trying to give specific examples which is a very good sign of improving your writing. :)

But, as not beingbecause he was not good in studies he was forced by his parents to concentrate more on exams.

As a result he leftabandoned his interest in music.------- abandon is a better word to use here :)

In addition, students need to follow some rules shownset on them by teachers and administrators in order to be more diciplined.

They dodid not utilize thistheir time effectively rather would freak in college canteen. -------- this example in the second para is very impressive. End it with an impressive sentence that again link the reader to your reason;

Had there been minimum attendance rules where students need to attend at least minimum number of classes for each subject they would not have done this.been saved from this mischief which affected their studies badly.

Since you take a moderate stance that students also should be given some amount of control while the presence of administrators also there, you need to talk both sides very briefly in your conclusion.

However, it's a good essay and you keep improving :)

Home / Writing Feedback / Should Students (not administrators) control their own education?