Students learn what they like or study subjects that are useful for their future? Discuss both views

phuongoanh476 2 / 2  

follow passion, success will follow you

It is true that the question of whether to learn favorite majors or focus on useful ones remains a source of controversy among students in universities. While a number of people believe that students ought to study those which lead them to a brighter future, I do believe that it is more essential to purchase individuals' hobbies.

On the one hand, it is much of parents' orientation to advise their children to focus on the trendy subjects such as science and technology. It is easy to understand that many students tend to obey adults due to their mature experience and knowledge. As a consequence, a student who follows their parents' orienting major tend to pre-determine their career path after graduating from universities, this might reduce their time and effort to understand career market.

On the other hand, I believe that pursuing what we like is much more crucial for our brighter future. Firstly, learning things that are students' favorites enables students to absorb knowledge more quickly. For example, languages has been always a difficult subject for every student. However, those with the talent and interest in learning languages tend to passionate in acquiring the essence of knowledge, this will definitely be useful for their psychological aspect in the long run. Secondly, nowadays, the career path has expanded with every kinds of majors and subjects. For instance, in the past 10 years, arts was considered to be the field with the least career opportunities. Such point of view has changed totally in this developing era, what makes us more surprised is art-related occupation has been one of the trendy fields that creates the highest salary. What we frequently say "follow passion, success will follow you" is absolutely correct.

In conclusion, although both 2 views certainly have some validity, it seems to me that it is vital for students to study what are their favorites.
The essay failed to pass the test the very minute the irrelevant prompt restatement and opinion sentence was presented by the author. It has at this point become very clear to the examiner that the writer did not understand the question and topic basis in relation to the prompt. His lack of basic English vocabulary in relation to sentence idea presentation was also glaring in the opinion statement. The discussion went from science and technology to " purchasing individual's hobbies", a topic most certainly not related to the original presentation.

A lack of proper comparative response format between the public and personal perception added to the scoring problems. The overall writing basis does not meet the Task 2 scoring considerations for a passing level.

Home / Writing Feedback / Students learn what they like or study subjects that are useful for their future? Discuss both views