Toefl:Some students like classes where teachers lecture (do all of the talking)

djanat 19 / 29  
essay Some students like classes where teachers lecture (do all of the talking) in class. Other students prefer classes where the students do some of the talking. Which type of class do you prefer? Give specific reasons and details to support your choice.

Each teacher has his own method of teaching. Some teachers like to monopolize the class , so no one has the liberty to talk or to give their point of view. Other teachers prefer to push students to participate in order to make them involved in the course. Personally , I prefer classes where the student do some of the talking.

My preference is based on several reasons . the first one is that the class where student can talk is an attractive class. I can not miss any hour of this class. I make the possible to be present all the time, because the atmosphere of some talking liberty is the best atmosphere a student can have.

Secondly , in classes where the student do some of the talking , is a successful class , because teacher can detect students who do not understand the course among others, so he can clear some ideas. He also has the possibility to get a feedback of their students.

Another reason that make classes where the students do some of the talking better , is that in these classes students and the teacher change their ideas. The benefit of the course will double. Every one can give his idea and receive other . every one can also correct their thought or believe.

Some students like classes where teachers lecture in class . they think that is the best way to be on deadline of the program. I think that it is more important that the students feel comfortable in class than achieving the deadline without any benefit.

to concludewe have to admit that the student who do not have the right to participate in class , will be an inactive person or can not participate in the improvement of their society .

i plan to take toefl exam this year .so please send me your feedback of this essay
thanks
Khazidhea 1 / 5  
Hello,

I am new to this forum and I am not real expert in English. However I managed to get 7.0 in IELTS and 630 in TOEFL(PBT).

I make the possible to be present all the time, because the atmosphere of some talking liberty is the best atmosphere a student can have.

You cant make "the possible". Probably it should say

I make it possible to be present all the time, because the atmosphere of some talking liberty is the best atmosphere a student can have.

Or you can just say "I try to be present there all the time", "I try to be there all the time".

This "is" should refer to some noun, but it doesnt. Moreover you are confused with using singular and plural nouns "class" and "classes". The "he" in your sentence refers to the teacher, but I believe you ment it so it refers to student. And I do not really get what do you mean by "clearing some ideas".

Fixing the "is" and plural nouns:

Secondly the class where the student do some of the talking is a successful class, because teacher can detect students who do not understand the course among others ...
Thanks Azamat! Please check out the contributor page!

My preference is based on several reasons. --- this is an awkward sentence, but it is not your fault. this kind of sentence is tough. You should write: I have several reasons for preferring classes where students do some of the talking.

Or just write: I have several reasons for preferring this type of class.

Capitalize the first letter of the word that start the sentence: The first one is that the class where student can talk ...

Secondly a class where the students do some of the talking is a successful class, because teacher can identify students who do not understand the course among others, so he can clear up some wrong ideas. He also has the opportunity to get feedback from the students.

Another reason to conclude that classes where the students do some of the talking are better is the fact that in these classes students and the teacher exchange their ideas. The benefit of the course will double. --- good point!!

To conclude, we have to admit that ...

Home / Writing Feedback / Toefl:Some students like classes where teachers lecture (do all of the talking)