'A students needs to fill his free time with enjoyable hobbies' - Sports or libraries?

mashf 1 / 1  
Sports and social activities are just as important as classes and libraries?

Nowadays, Universities try to be better than the others in all aspects whether the educational activities or the social ones. There are a lot of competitions between the universities that are held every year. For example, there is world Olympiad of physics that is such an educational competition, or there is world universities sport competition that is such a social activity. From my standpoint, nowadays, universities should care about their social activities as they pay attention to educational aspects.

Social activities and sports are so important in students learning. Students need to recover themselves after a lot of studying and exams. For instance, in the first year of university, I took 6 exams during only 4 weeks. In the third week of my exams I was very exhausted and needs to an exciting entertainment. I remember that at those days I loved swimming. My university had a well-equipped swimming pool. I was very refreshed when I went swimming at that pleasant pool.

Universities should concern about students' health situation. Doing sports like swimming or running is one of the essential parts of our health. Most of the doctors have advised people to do exercise beside a good diet. In my opinion, if students do not have a suitable body condition, they could not study well and effectively. They are quickly tired of studying.

There is a lot of competition between the universities. They would like to surpass the others. For example, my university found talented students in playing music instruments, and spent a lot of money for them. Consequently, my university awarded the best university award of the music festival of Iranian universities.

Briefly, sports and social activities are as important as classes and educational aspects. A students needs to fill his free time with enjoyable hobbies. If there were not suitable sport equipment for students, they might feel not well that will effect on their learning.
rongmui 4 / 9 1  
Dear mash,
To me, your discussion is out of topic in that it failed to represent which side is better, sports and social activities as one side or classes and libraries as the other side. I think you should revise this essay by taking into account the latter side more specifically.

In addition, here is one of my suggested introduction of this topic for you.
"To university students nowadays, learning in classes and libraries has been considered critical to achieve a well-substantiated academic foundation. However, in order to have excellent physical strength and social skills, university students should pay much attention on many sports and social activities. Thus, to tell which side is more important needs a careful speculation. Here I would clarify my reasoning..."
eddies [Contributor] 25 / 1,208 476  

This is not the right place to show an detailed example. Your task here is to introduce the issue retrieved from the question.

There is a lot of competition between the universities. They would like to surpass the others. For example, my university found talented students in playing music instruments, and spent a lot of MONEY for them. Consequently, my university awarded the best university award of the music festival of Iranian universities.

This is not the part of the question. As it can be seen from the prompt:

Sports and social activities are just as important as classes and libraries ?

, you are asking to how these issues support students' performance so as to attain academic requirements.
OP mashf 1 / 1  
Thanks a lot. I have got the point. I have made a mistake with this topic. I wrote this essay from the point of universities not the students. However, the complete question is in the following. I apologize for my mistake because I had to write the complete question.

"At universities and colleges, sports and social activities are just as important as classes and libraries and should receive equal financial supports?"

Home / Writing Feedback / 'A students needs to fill his free time with enjoyable hobbies' - Sports or libraries?