Students should have the right to make comments about their teachers - IELTS Writing Task 2

NTG 1 / -  
Many people argue that in order to improve
educational quality, high school students are encourage to make comments or even criticism on their teachers. Others think that it will lead to loss of respect and discipline in the classroom.

Discuss both views and give your own opinion.

The trend that students are permitted to state their own viewpoints about their teachers is a major topic of concern in today's world. From my perspective, while many people believe that this may be the precursor of indiscipline and disrespect in schools, it would seem that this trend is one of the most effective ways to increase educational quality.

There are a few reasons why some people resist the propose to allow students to criticise their teachers. The primary reason is that criticizing teachers may alleviate their influence to many students. As a result, those students may inferior the role of teachers on pedagogy, which can obviously lead to the disrespectful attitude of students to their teachers. Another significant reason is that some teachers have a very high self-esteem that can be undermined when they are criticised by their descendants. Consequently, they may significantly be discouraged from teaching so that the students's learning outcome may be exacerbated.

However, there are more compelling reasons to believe that this method can remarkably enhance the quality of pedagogy. On the one hand, students are those people who have the capability to judge and criticize their teachers most precisely because they are taught by those teachers. As a result, teachers can absorb those responses from students before starting to adjust their teaching methods to satisfy all students. On the other hand, the propose of pedagogy is to satisfy students's demands and enhance their knowledge so that students should have the right to make comments and criticize their teachers. For example, in many developed countries, the student-centred teaching method with two-way communication are employed in their school to respond to every students's perspectives about their school, which can substantially improve the effectiveness of teaching programs.

In conclusion, the perspective that students should have the right to make comments about their teachers is highly recommended.

#IELTS #WritingTask2 #Writing_Task_2
Phuongbo 4 / 9  
propose----> proposal
influence on
students's learning
two-way communication are-------> is
The inaccurate prompt paraphrase has created a discussion instruction deviation on your part. The discussion asks you to compare and contrast the two public points of view before you can formulate your personal opinion. However, your presentations does not consider the public points of view and instead, focuses on your personal opinion immediately. So, even though you wrote more than the advised 275-290 words your essay will still lose scoring points in terms of discussion accuracy under the Task Accuracy scoring section. The more proper paraphrase is:

The quality of high school education has become an increasingly debatable topic over time. Some people believe that learners should be pupils should be coaxed to question their educators. However, there are some concerns that doing so could result in the teacher losing authority and control within the lecture room. Considering both reasoning concerns, I believe that I have enough information to form a valid opinion regarding this discussion.

A better scoring series of reasoning paragraphs and concluding paraphrase could be:

Encouraging pupils to question the educators make sense. Those who support this line of thought base it on the reason that ... Consider if you will...

However, when one stops to consider the dangers of this line of education, it would appear that the concerns of these people are valid. For example...

Measuring the possible scenarios for this discussion, I lean towards the idea that... Owing to my experience in the classroom...

So, considering the ... I recommend that...

You have to highlight your ability to discuss the topic from various pronoun reference points. When you do that, the automatic boost to your LR, C&C, and GRA scores become a given. That is because you highlight your actual writing skills using various sentence and grammar presentation styles.

Home / Writing Feedback / Students should have the right to make comments about their teachers - IELTS Writing Task 2