TOEFL Why do some students study abroad?

margarita 8 / 25  
Many students choose to attend schools or universities outside their home countries. Why do some students study abroad? Use specific reasons ans details to explain your answer.

Some students choose to attend schools or universities outside their home country. In some cases, people prefer to face the challenge to study abroad because they can get a better education, take advantage of the college study time and also, as a , as a springboard to getting a job in the country they have chosen.

Usually, when students look for opportunities to study for a career in other country, it is because they can get a better education in the field they are interested in. A lot of universities do not have a good curriculum or are not recognized in some fields. On the other hand, abroad universities can give students better opportunities to get an enhanced education in a particular field.

As an example, when my husband came to study in the United States, he decided to do it because in here, he could have a better education in the field he wanted to study than at universities in his home country.

Also, in some cases, universities are more suitable for students, giving them the opportunity to transfer credits from another local or abroad university. Moreover, some universities offer programs to graduate students in less time than others. As an example, my husband had an incomplete associate bachelor degree from a technical school back in my county. To finish it in my hometown university, he had to apply to a university which did not transfer the credits of the courses he had already finished. Applying to abroad universities, he not only had the opportunity to transfer credits, but also to finish a master degree. He did get a bachelor and a master degree only in three years.

Studying in an abroad university, students have the chance to get a job and stay in the country if they wish to. In fact, my husband finished his master degree and got and job in which the company sponsor him to get the country residence. Studying his career here, in the United States, was a trampoline to us to move here.

Attending schools or universities outside their home countries, students can find not only a better education, but also they can take the advantage of, and use the college study time more profitably and also, to get the chance to find a job and stay in the country.
In some cases, people prefer to face the challenge to study abroad because they can get a better education, take advantage of the college study time and also, as a springboard to getting a job in the country they have chosen .

Usually, when students look for opportunities to study for a career in another country, it is because they can get a better education in the field they are interested in.

This whole sentence needs to be revised;
...while in universities abroad students can give students better opportunities to get an enhanced...

...country he could have a better education in the field than in his hometown country.

Also, in some cases, universities are more suitable for students, giving them the opportunity to transfer credits from another local or abroad university .

Studying abroad, students have the chance to get a job and stayed in the country if they wish to. do it.

Attending schools or universities outside their home countries , students can find not only a better education, but also they can take the advantage of, and usethe college study time more profitably and also, to get the chance to find a job and stay in the country.
OP margarita 8 / 25  
Thanks Susan! I appreciate your help on my writing. It will be great if you can,please, take a look on the other essays I have posted. Many Thanks!

Home / Writing Feedback / TOEFL Why do some students study abroad?