Should students study in the single-sex schools in order to perform better academically

kwang997 2 / 2  
Some people think that students in single-sex schools perform better
academically. Others, however, believe that mixed schools provide children with
better social skills for adult life. Discuss both these views and give your own
opinion.

It is said that students should study in the single-sex schools in order to perform better academically, however, I agree with the view that it would be better for teenagers to study in mixed school.

It is true that there are several advantages for students to study in the single-sex schools.
Firstly, students could concentrate on the courses and learning. They would not be interrupted by some gender issues.
For example, my high school was a single-sex school. And I had less chances to talk with girls at that time.
But I didn't feel anything wrong about it, instead I felt quite rather comfortable to get along with my classmates.
Besides, I could spend most of the time on my study and hobbies.
Secondly, there would be less gender problems in single-sex schools.
Boys and girls are different by nature.
Separating them in single-sex schools prevents some gender issues, such as sex harassment or conflicts between them, which would deter students from focusing on their learning.

On the other hand, I believe that it benefit students more if they choose to study in mixed schools.
The main reason is that they have the opportunities to learn how to get along with the opposite sex.
The way of thinking between men and women is quite different, and if youngsters were not aware of the differences in schools, it might cause them lots of conflicts between different genders in the future.

In addition, if boys had not learn how to talk to girls, they might feel shy or nervous if they want to talk to the girls that attracted them after they left schools.

It would be difficult for them to know what kinds of words they could say and what kinds of things they should not say.
By studying in mix schools could help the young people to understand the meaning of consideration and friendliness with the opposite sex.

In conclusion, despite that some people argue that it would be better for students to study in single-sex schools, I believe that getting along with the opposite sex is a lifelong lesson, and students should learn it in the mixed school.
ibe13 36 / 50 9  
halo Rafael,here are my thoughts for your essay:

It is said that students should study in the single-sex schools in order to perform better academically, however, I agree withI am more likely to tend to agree with the view(notion, statement) that it would be better for teenagers to study in mixed school.

Firstly,one of the benefits of student in the single-sex schools is students could concentrate on the courses and learning. They would not be interrupted by some gender issues.

But Ididn'tdid not feel anything wrong about it, instead I felt quite rather comfortable to get along with my classmates.
Secondly , another advantage is there would be less gender problems in single-sex schools.
Boys and girls are different by nature.
Yonathan 46 / 65 5  
Hi Kwang
Let me give you some advice...

academically. Others, however, (other people) believe that mixed schools provide children with
better social skills for adult life. Discuss botoh these views and give your own
opinion.

It is said that students should study in the single-sex schools in order to perform better academically, however, I agree with the(that point of) view that it would be better for teenagers to study in mixed school.

Besides, I could spend most of the(my) time on my(for) study and hobbies.
Boys and girls are different by nature.

On the other hand, I believe that it benefit students more (is more useful) if they(students) choose to study in mixed schools.

it would be better if you change the word "opposite-sex " or "single-sex " with "opposite-gender " and "single-gender "
Thank you and keep writing

Home / Writing Feedback / Should students study in the single-sex schools in order to perform better academically