Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

Students should not be told political & social views of the teachers.

garnekuan 1 / -  
Admittedly, as we all take for, teachers aim to provide knowledge to students. Teachers should confirm the scope of their political and social views to ensure students not to be misled. However, from my perspective, to leave students freedom of thinking or tasting, respect different opinions and lay more emphasis on the major lessons, I convince that teachers shouldn't make their political and social views known in the classroom.

First of all, teachers cannot but enable students take enough space of thinking or tasting. And students may extend their perspectives of some political and social issues. Kids can have deep influence by their eyes rather than using their ears. For instance, my cousin, 22 years old, is taking part time job of market survey. When he began to get along with others, he faced the problems of communication and leaving others a better expression. All of these were solved within the following part time job which is more effective than teacher's opinions in social. Consequently, it is essential for teachers to leave some space where students can think and taste by themselves in.

What's more, teachers should respect the different opinions from students. Not only do teachers have responsibility of imparting knowledge, but they can get some inspirations from their students who may have some fantastic ideas to particular views. Take my supervisor for example, he always share his political and social opinions in his blog on line, and encourage us have discusses with him. Compared his articles nowadays with the first one in 2006, we are easily aware of that he have made deep insight into many views. Therefore, teachers cannot but respect the different opinions in political and social from their students.

Eventually, teachers should lay more emphasis on the major lessons. If one teacher spends much time in explaining the political and social opinions instead, he has to loose opportunities to make the knowledge wise to his students. For instance, my mathematic teacher, who is a Buddhism believer, always take Buddhism for examples which are even irrelative to the class. We have to receive them, or read books by ourselves. Both of these decrease the efficiency of study. Therefore, teacher should pay more attention to the major lessons instead of political and social opinions.

All in all, reasoning that teachers should leave students more opportunities of thinking or tasting, respect different opinions, and lay more emphasis on the major lessons. To sum up, there is no need for teacher to make their political and social views known in the classroom.

Home / Writing Feedback / Students should not be told political & social views of the teachers.