Students in UK at a university who were able to speak additional languages to their native language

kimmiez 1 / -  

the proportions of British students who were able to speak other languages

The pie charts demonstrate the data of students in UK at a university in British who were able to speak additional languages to their native language over the course of 10 years starting in 2000. It is measured in percentages.

It is noticeable that Spanish became the largest segment over 10 years. The lowest contribution was made by German.

It is apparent that Spanish became the ubiquitous language that students spoke in 2000, which accounted for 30 percent. In addition, this language rose to just over a third. By contrast, German only made up a tenth in 2000. In 2010, although German still remained stable segment, it was the least language for using in students.

As can be seen from the chart, with an increase to 20 and 15 percent those who spoke another language and two other languages became the second and a third largest group in the next 10 years. French were the only language that fell from 15 to 10 percent.
The summary overview is confusing. It is difficult to understand the information because of problems with sentence clarity and word referencing. For example, English is the language spoken in the UK, which includes Britain. British is the reference used to identify people from Britain. This is why the sentence presentation is difficult to understand. The writer does not show an ability to show proper referencing abilities in English. By the way, how manypie charts were presented? I am unclear about that too.

Since the measurements were presented in percentages, it makes no sense to use fractional references at the start. The uniformity of data presentation in relation to coherence and cohesiveness is lost. Do not stray too far from the original data presentation. There is no need to confuse the issue.

Home / Writing Feedback / Students in UK at a university who were able to speak additional languages to their native language