Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

Studying abroad or in our own country? Both options have plus and minus results

anhrriv 1 / 2 1  
Question: The idea of going overseas for university study is an exciting prospect for many people. However, while it may offer some advantages, it is probably better for students to study in their country because of the difficulties that students inevitably encounter living and studying in a different culture. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

It is true that studying outside the country has brought more opportunities and challenges to students. Some people argue that when students study overseas, they may face with many problems, and so they should study in their country. I hold a view that there are strong arguments in support of both views, which require a balanced look at of them before a final conclusion is reached.

On the one hand, it is fair to say that students, who want to study in other countries, they always have a long time to prepare things, which are necessary for them where they will come. For instance, when Vietnam's students go to England to study, they have to look for the information about both country and people of England such as culture, custom, climate conditions, education system, transportation, etc. Therefore, these are useful factors in order to help students to overcome the obstacles that they may encounter in their living and studying. In addition, it is the will and desire to learn of students that encourage them to adapt easily new circumstances. They often set up targets to get the final results during the period of their studying, so students can find best solutions as well as suitable methods to solve problems, especially integration about culture and language of native people.

On the other hand, some students who do not have enough the skills to live and study abroad, selecting to study in their country is considered as justified solution, because they do not need worry, whether barriers that they may face. Not only, culture but also other living conditions are quite familiar for them. Thus, students may develop entirely their abilities and knowledge. In other words, they have available relationships around such as friends, parents who always take the assistance whenever they need. As a result, students are facilitated better than others studying abroad.

In conclusion, going to study in other continue brings many benefits to open our mind, but it also has many problems that require us to solve. It is important is that students should determine clearly themselves own ability in order to decide whether study abroad or study in their country.

Home / Writing Feedback / Studying abroad or in our own country? Both options have plus and minus results