Studying alone is a best fit for my life. It allows me to freely choose the convenient time to study

holylua 5 / 15 2  
Studying is an integral part of our lives, especially students' ones. It helps broaden our knowledge about our surrounding world and increase our wisdom as well. No one living on earth doesn't get invoIved in studying activity. Although some students love studying in a group of people because they can benefit considerably from exchanging ideas, others favor studying alone. In my view, studying alone is very suitable for me for 2 important reasons.

First, studying by myself allows me to actively choose the most convenient moment in the day to study. I can go to work to support myself or hang out with my friends and study at my convenience at the rest of the day if I manage the time effectively. In other words, studying alone helps me kill 2 birds with one stone. For example, when I studied for the Toefl last year, I had a very busy schedule. I had to go to work full time at Mc Donald's. I worked the afternoon shift from 11am to 7pm, which meant I only could study in the morning and the night after work. Every day, I woke up at 6am and spent my waking time on practicing listening for exactly 2 hours. Then I went to work at 11pm. After back home from work at 7pm, I had dinner and started studying again from 9pm to 11pm. Although the employer sometimes changed the working schedule every week, I still found the spare time to study because my studying time was flexible. As you can see, studying alone facilitates my hectic lifestyle.

The second reason why studying alone is my preference is that I can avoid the possible conflict of ideas which takes time to resolve when I study in a group. When studying by myself, I don't waste any precious time on arguments . So, I have more time to lead my busy life. For instance, I remembered when I was in high school in 2009, I had to work on a project along with 3 friends in a biology class taught by the teacher Lee. We had to write a report about the frog's body. We had so many different ideas and didn't finish the report until the last minute. We spent 2 days doing the research, reviewing the lesson, discussing together and finally reached a consensus in time . If I had done the project by myself, I would have been done with the report sooner. This experience taught me that studying alone will save me time and free me from conflict.

In a nutshell, studying alone is a best fit for my life. It allows me to freely choose the convenient time to study. Moreover, it helps me not get involved in any possible conflict of ideas which is time-consuming to resolve. I think people should choose the studying method which is the most suitable for them to achieve the best results both at school and in life.
ptejas40 1 / 3 2  
Good one..
For any exam you will be exam alone not in a group.
So it is better to study alone for exams.
... write all numbers in words ... it's important for this type of essays.

your prompt is not really about the importance of studying...it is about group studying vs self studying. It's ok to talk very briefly about this fact, but you have consumed almost three sentences on it and then only come to the real point :(
OP holylua 5 / 15 2  
It's ok to talk very briefly about this fact, but you have consumed almost three sentences on it and then only come to the real point :(

I greatly appreciate your opinion. But I still don't understand what I should have done in this case?
What you should do is that introduce your topic to the reader and state your position. Here we go;
Education plays an important role in everybody's life and studying is an integral part of education. Some people prefer to study in groups while some others prefer self studying. Both these methods have their own merits and demerits. However, if I am to make a choice between them, I would prefer to study alone.

TOEFL independent writing task has a major bearing on time. So, you should not unnecessarily lengthen the content. Most important thing is that you have all features displayed in your eassy. i.e. Introduction, body paragraphs, conclusion.
OP holylua 5 / 15 2  
I got it clearly. Thanks a million for your helpful feedback!

Home / Writing Feedback / Studying alone is a best fit for my life. It allows me to freely choose the convenient time to study