Writing task 2: studying overseas can be difficult at first, but gaining experience make it worth it

TranAnh 3 / 6 2  
Topic: Some people say that studying overseas brings students many wonderful experiences. Others disagree and think that students may encounter difficulties in term of language and lifestyle. What is your opinion?

Some are in favor of view that students will have many interesting experiences when they go abroad to study. On the other hand, others disagree with this idea, believing that as well as studying overseas, students might confront several problems in term of language and lifestyle. This essay is going to analyze both views and clarify that students still should be supported to study abroad.

To begin with, it is true that there are numerous problems resulting from going abroad. First of all, students will definitely encounter difficulties in language. Obviously, they have to communicate with citizens by another language, so this will probably bring about varieties of troubles. For instance, the students who are not really good at using non-native language cannot buy food from markets or understand the lectures at school. In addition, lifestyle is an intricate issue that students must adapt. To specify, the time zone and culture are two typical aspects of lifestyle. This means, not only students must suddenly change their previous timetables, but do they also need to learn manners for treating to foreigners.

However, from my perspective, encouraging students to study overseas is really necessary. Firstly, exploring new cultures is an exciting and attractive point for students. To clarify, they will have more opportunities to visit famous destinations and gain more knowledge about the culture, especially investigate from successful people around the world, which might remarkably assist them in their careers in the future. Another benefit is that students are likely to become more independent. Clearly, if students could depend on their parents for doing the housework in the past, they must do all of these things now because they are living alone in a foreign nation. Especially they have to solve any trouble that they meet, and since there, they will be more responsible of their acts, such as taking care of their health in case they get disease, or fixing any mistake that they cause.

In conclusion, although studying overseas can be difficult at first, it is, in my opinion, still really worth for students to experience.

Hope to receive all your advices :)
devabe2005 46 / 97  
This means, not only students must suddenly change their previous timetables, but do they also need to learn manners for treating to foreigners.
student not only adjust time variations but also learn to behave well with the foreigners.
sundin928 12 / 18 10  
students might confront several problems in term terms of language and lifestyle.

For instance For example, the students who are not really good at using non-native language cannot buy food from markets or understand the lectures at school.

...,for instance,....
eddies [Contributor] 25 / 1,208 476  
Some are in favor of view that students will have many interesting experiences when they go abroad to study. On the other hand, others disagree with this idea, believing that as well as studying overseas, students might confront several problems in term of language and lifestyle. This essay is going to analyze both views and clarify that students still should be supported to study abroad ( this brings no value) .

It is nicer if you state your opinion in the end of the introduction even this opens for discussion.

For instance, the students who are not really good at using non-native language cannot buy food from markets or understand the lectures at school. In addition, lifestyle is an intricate issue that students must adapt.

This is too general as an example. Ask journalistic questions (who, how many, when, what, result) to specify your example.

However, from my perspective, encouraging students to study overseas is really necessary. Firstly, exploring new cultures is an exciting and attractive point for students.

Here is an example of adequate flow: Conversely, I think that students encouraged to study overseas are more likely to experience wider culture.
saraanjacix - / 1  
it not true 100% many student facing lot of problem and mental pressure while studying aboard,
mentally they feel , they missing there family member love and care.
OP TranAnh 3 / 6 2  

i wanna emphasize that i support the first idea, because the topic asks about my opinion, so i think i should do something to make clear my view right at the beginning :D

Is that necessary?
This essay is going to analyze both views and clarify that students still should be supported to study abroad.

Your prompt is directly asking you about the opinion you hold on this issue. So, it is better to be more straight forward and express your own view on it in the introduction before concluding the intro. What you have written above is not adding much value to your essay and tend to keep the reader in that vague status.

To begin with, it is true that there arewill be numerous problems resulting fromthat students would have to face when they go abroad for studiesgoing abroad.

Home / Writing Feedback / Writing task 2: studying overseas can be difficult at first, but gaining experience make it worth it