Our stuff is transported in various ways. Which method was the most common between 1974 and 2002?

Anna94 47 / 56 3  
The line graph provides information about four types of transport that delivered things in the UK from 1974 to 2002. Overall, it can be seen that delivered objects by road was the most used while using pipeline was the lowest during the period.

To start with, in 1974 the number of materials transported by road stood at 70 million tonnes. It was followed by using of rail, water, and pipeline in serial. Four years later, using road was a slight increase in almost 80 million tonnes. Then, water and rail reached the same quantity of goods to deliver by 40. However, pipeline was stable at the same number. Between 1982 and 1986, the number of objects was contained by pipeline increased to around 20. Delivering by road and water experienced declining and inclining in serial. However, transporting rail was stable.

Between 1990 and 2002, conveying things used four kinds of transport increased generally. Road was a dramatic incline from 80 to almost 100 million tonnes. Water and rail went up from 60 and just under 40 to 70, and over 40 respectively. Nevertheless, water ever fell to 50 in 1998 and rail to 30 in 1994. Then pipeline experienced stable of goods quantity after reached a peak at over 20 in around 1994. 211w

After analyzing your essay based upon the writing task 1 scoring band, I have come to the decision that the possible final score you can get for this type of writing in an actual test cannot be higher than a 5. While you managed to deliver the information that the report requires, you faced problems when it came to developing clear explanations in the later sentences. There was a redundancy in the use of the word "serial" and, there was no clear explanation as to how the word relates to the graph that you were trying to explain. This caused some difficulty for me as a reader. You should build up your ability to use various words that can be used in place of a single word. These are called synonyms. The use of these words can very well help increase your score in the future practice tests. Mostly because the use of synonyms proves that you have an adequate, if not intermediate knowledge of English words.
ReskiRamadani88 43 / 57 5  
Hello Anna, kindly check my suggestion below :)

Four years later, using road was a slight increase in almost 80 million tonnes.

Four years later, using road was a slight increased in almost 80 million tonnes.

Road was a dramatic incline from 80 to almost 100 million tonnes

Road was a dramatic inclined from 80 to almost 100 million tonnes

Becareful with your tenses :)

Home / Writing Feedback / Our stuff is transported in various ways. Which method was the most common between 1974 and 2002?