Success is a matter of luck - Essay

anajjar 1 / 1  

"The harder you work, the luckier you get"

As the saying goes, "The harder you work, the luckier you get". Surprisingly, many people believe that success is a matter of luck which is beyond someone's direct control! While I believe that success solely depends on someone's attitude and approach towards life.

In my opinion, no true success was ever attained without facing obstacles nor having challenges strong enough to tackle the person many times before reaching the desired goal. Behind every success is a determined person; a person who is not easily swayed away from his/her target, and is able to deal with whatever dealt through life. The attitude of solving issues, mitigating risks and capturing opportunities is a main ingredient in success's recipe. Adding some flavor of dedication, focus and hard work will definitely get you where you want to reach.

It is true that many great achievers had capitalized on certain opportunities that have taken them closer to their goals, it is true that there is always a sense of luck in each success story. But what people tend to forget, is how hard those achievers had worked in order to get to where they have reached; how hard they have worked in order to open the doors and bring in those opportunities.

What makes me more convinced of success's dependency on attitude and approach to life is the high number of people who were lucky enough to have better starting points, who were given an advantage by having better resources and opportunities to make a huge success story. But instead they have erroneously approached life and lost all the privilege they had, simply because they lacked the right attitude and have not worked by success rules.

In the end, success is always at our reach! All we have to do is truly want it, work hard to reach our goals and most importantly believe in what we do. If you have clear vision of where you want to be, and have the will to put all that it takes to get you there, then you are lucky enough to succeed.
lanvt2811 3 / 6 3  
Your writing is good, but there are some grammatical errors: for example the last sentence of the introduction paragraph or the second sentence of the third paragraph. Pls pay attention to grammar.
Abdallah, this is a very convincing essay. Your opinions are based on enough personal observations and popular references for it to be considered a valid presentation of your point of view. There are only 2 problems that I see with this essay and it has to do with the formatting. For starters, remember that all the essays you are writing are academic in nature. Being academic, these are considered to be conversational instead of sensationalist in approach. The use of an exclamation point is non-academic in nature. It is a written form of shouting at the reader. It is not considered a form of academic emphasis which could be done in other ways such as choosing more serious words to connote your emotions and beliefs. If this paper is presented to a professor or examiner, this will show that you are not familiar with academic writing protocol and affect your grade. Next, you need to keep a uniform minimum of 3 sentences per paragraph presentation. That is the academic minimum for paragraph development. When enrolled in an academy, you do not have a sentence maximum per paragraph as it is divided by topic. For an academic English test though, limit yourself to a maximum of 5 sentences per paragraph as there is a time limit involved.

Home / Writing Feedback / Success is a matter of luck - Essay