About a Successful College Student

damon451 1 / 1  
People are unable to spot unsuccessful college students when they see them. These unsuccessful students come to class seldom, and rarely prepared for class conversion when they appear. They do not have any clue of what they would like to accomplish before or after graduatation. They are not around to make an impression. They find it difficult to fulfill their purpose because they are unaware of steps to help. They find themselves running in place, not knowing how to reach the end. On the other hand, successful college students have characteristic that makes them stand out from the rest. They are motivated in and out of class, organized, and able to set and achieve goals.

Students should appear with a certain degree of motivation in and out of class. Students can motivate themselves intrinsic or extrinsic. Students that are grade oriented are extrinsically motivated. Students that embrace their work and take interest are intrinsically motivated. Students need to feel a sense of belonging or voice in class. For example, let students choose their partner or select alternate assignment. Students can motivate themselves outside of class by getting jobs to occupy their time. They can volunteer work to help the community. They can spend lots of time studying or getting ahead in assignments. Students motivate themselves by rewarding their accomplishments. For example, you made an A on your math test, and your instructor treats you to lunch. Students motivation comes active when they decide, they want better for themselves.

Successful students always organize themselves and their materials. In class, they have all their materials, like pens, books, syllables, handouts,and student planner. They listen carefully to the instructor and take notes for better understanding. Students finish all assignments and make sure they are handed in on time. They participate in class discussions and use highlighters to line important facts. Students ask question when they don't understand. At home, students iron their clothes and have them ready for the next day. They set time a side to do homework every night in a quiet place. Students must manage their time by using a calendar to write down days to attend different classes, test and due dates. Students need to eat healthy meals and fruit for snacks. Too many sweets cause them to feel tired. Last students must get a good nights' rest, to ensure that they are alert and ready to learn the following day.

Successful student are able to set and achieve goals. Student must first set goals that are attainable. Then stay on the right path to ensure that the goals they have set for themselves are met. Students must always keep their mind on the goal. Right self-notes and hangs up motivational posters or hand written self-motivators to keep their eyes and mind on what they have set out to achieve. For example, if a student would like to achieve an A on his or her test they would need to make that their main focus instead of going out to the movies to night stay in and study, get a tutor or study buddy if needed. students should set time a side to prepare yourself as necessary to achieve the goal which you have set out for yourself. The big A on that test some students allow themselves to get caught up on the latest gossip or what ever it may be going around them. That is why students must always try to set an long term and short term goals along the way so they are able to achieve success. student should always keep in mind that failure is one thing that he should have to face and overcome to achieve goals.
Jennyflower81 - / 690 96  
You have a writing style that flows well. You have made many good points in your paper. I can help you fix a few grammar issues that will hopefully get you an "A" :)

These unsuccessful studentsseldom come to class, and are rarely prepared for class conversation when they attend.

They find it difficult to fulfill their purpose because they are unaware of steps to help. This sentence sounds confusing

Students should appear to have a certain degree of motivation inside and outside of the classroom.

Students can motivate themselves intrinsically or extrinsicly .

They can perform volunteer work to help the community. They can spend lots of time studying to prepare for future assignments.

Students motivation comes active when they decide, they want better for themselves. This is a key point- I would re-word this sentence

You may want to add in a brief description of the unmotivated student- we all know them! They come to class late or sporadically, don't have a notebook, they want to borrow somebody's notes, they fidget and act bored, and don't communicate with classmates during projects.

Home / Writing Feedback / About a Successful College Student