IELTS 2 : suitable responses for treating the addicts of drugs

ichatea07 27 / 24 10  
Should drug addicts be jailed or rehabilitated? Discuss both views and give your opinions.

In today's era, many societies in various nations apply laws for narcotic addicts by sending them into jails, while others think medical facilities that are focused on healing drug addictions are suitable because the users are also recognised in sickness.

A number of communities who agree to imprison narcotic addicts think that this way can reduce their potentials to consume it again. In the jail, these illegal-material consumers will overcome loneliness and unpleasant atmosphere which enable them to reflect of what they did in the past, thus it has a possibility to cleanse their thoughts to do those risky behaviours. As it happens, a recent study from Social Department of the United States informs that a prison is reliable to vanish addicts' intention to take illegal drugs in the future. Nonetheless, I personally argue that imprisoning the addicts is insecure and painful for them as they stop consuming the drugs in the lockup, so that this solution is discouraged to be applied.

In reverse, several people realise that the problem of drug addiction can be solved carefully and efficiently by keeping the addicts into a rehabilitation centre because this way is safer medically. Rehabilitation as one of public services has a supportive roles to heal the effects of narcotics within bodies and clear objectives with rational strategies to solve the problem. For instance, people in rehabilitation with drug usage background will be treated and monitored regularly by the staff, thus it will make the patients cured quickly rather than locking them up in the prison. Besides, it is proven as more successful way to halt the sufferers' willingness to consume the drugs. Therefore, I would admit that this such remedy will be more appropiate to apply due to its concerns on physical conditions of the drug users.

To sum up, I believe that rehabilitation is preferable to be chosen to cure illegal drug consumers because it takes into account the treatment of reducing addiction illness harmlessly though locking up them in jails can produce initiatives to ponder their last fatal misbehaviours.
putri22 33 / 33 5  
hi icha, honestly i like this essay (the flow, the idea, the way you deliver your opinion) but there is one important thing that i think you missed it:

you did not state your personal opinion in the introduction.

In reverseon the contrary (only suggestion), several people realise that the problem of drug addiction can be solved...

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS 2 : suitable responses for treating the addicts of drugs