IELTS task 1- summarize charts information budget allocation

minhvo 2 / 4  
It is quite a challenge for most of us when it comes to control your budget allocation especially for households with middle incomes. The spending trend itself had considerably changed throughout 2010 to 2012.

As seen on the charts above, housing can be considered had some significant changes. An increase of 15% compare to 2010 budget's data, making it the largest budget in all 4 categories.

Another increase in spending as we have seen on the charts is food/clothes category. While the data showed on 2010 chart is 25%, in 2012, its put forward that people had spent 10% more, turning the category into the second largest allocation.

As two categories increased, there're also some of them had decreased tremendously. One of which is the category with vacation or leisure purpose. It clearly presents that the category had suffered a decline of 15% since it was 25% in 2010 and 10% in 2012. Misc category is also not an exception when it had went from 15% in 2010 to 5% in 2012.

In conclusion the charts put forward a few growth of spending in such category like housing, food, clothes while other categories which serve for leisure and other purposes had decreased substantially.

this is my very first ielts writing, i hope you guys would help me
OP minhvo 2 / 4  
this is the prompt

and thank you for your reply, i'm taking those advises

MisterWandering 18 / 321 130  

The pie charts illustrate the changes in the budget allocation of middle-income households in 2010 and 2012.
After the introduction, you could write an overview paragraph:
Overall, housing accounted for the largest proportion of expenditure in both given years. Likewise, there was a significant increase in the percentage of housing and food/clothes spending during the period.

In 2010, middle-income families spent over a third of their budget on housing, which was the highest percentage of the four categories. It was followed by the proportions of food/clothes and vacations/leisure spending, with 25% each. Miscellaneous spending made up the remaining 15%.

However, there were some changes to their percentages two years later. Most notably, housing expenditure rose by 15% and sustained its position as the highest spent category. While budget allocation on food/clothes also experienced an increase to 35% in 2012, the corresponding figure for vacations/leisure dropped by half to 10% only.

Making up 5%, miscellaneous allocation remained the lowest spent of middle-income families.

Also, you should pay attention to grammar. Some of the phrases are not correct, such as "had went".
I hope this helps!
OP minhvo 2 / 4  
thank you so much again! best wishes

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS task 1- summarize charts information budget allocation