Task 1 - Summarize the impact of erosion of a headland

irfan727 49 / 68 29  
Q : The diagram below shows the stages in the erosion of a headland. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The diagram describes several processes regarding erosion which is affected to a headland. Overall, although the waves always hit cliff, the coastline experiences a stable condition.

To begin, the headland is constructed with two holes which are located in weak areas. Then, the immense orifice becomes larger than before. After taking very long time process, the arch is formed. This is because the waves strike the cave. As example, the extreme erosion occurred in Durdle Door, Dorset where the precipice is smashed by extremely strong waves.

Furthermore, the crack on the rock becomes wider and this crashes the hollow. Meanwhile, the power of water has separated it as two parts after damaging the roof position. What is more, the cuttings are collected beside it. Eventually, the separated headland shot to pieces, most stumps fell to sea. Afterwards, a novel hole is created. This hole is predicted to destroy the hollow slightly.

Irfan, your report summary lacks another sentence in order to be acceptable in format. You know that 3 sentences comprise the minimum requirement for these paragraphs right? Why do you often forget to do that? It seems to be a recurring problem for you. You need to be conscious of the paragraph formatting when you are developing your thoughts.

Even with the problem of your introductory paragraph, the overall content of your report is concise and delivers the expected information. It is clear and does not contain too much word filler. However, your use of connecting phrases at the start of the paragraph is really misplaced. You should learn to create transition sentences in the prior paragraphs in order to make your opening sentence in your new paragraph more effective. Here are my suggested corrections:

The diagram describes several processes regarding erosion which is affected to a AFFECTS THE headland. Overall, although WHILE the waves always hit THE cliff, the coastline experiences a stable condition. (ADD ANOTHER SENTENCE BY DIVIDING THE LAST SENTENCE LINE INTO 2.)

To begin, t The headland is constructed with two holes which are located in weak areas. Then, t The immense orifice becomes larger than before BECAUSE OF THE WEAK SPOTS. After taking very long time process, the arch is formed THE ARCH IS FORMED AFTER A LONG PROCESSING TIME. This is because IT IS CREATED BY the waves strike ING the cave. As example, t THIS IS WHY the extreme erosion occurred in Durdle Door, Dorset, where the precipice is smashed by extremely strong waves.

Furthermore, t The crack on the rock becomes wider and this crashes DAMAGES the hollow. Meanwhile, t The power of water has separated S it as INTO two parts after damaging the roof position . What is more, t The cuttings are collected beside it. Eventually, the separated headland shot to pieces FALLS APART WITH , most stumps fell FALLING to THE sea. Afterwards, a novel hole is created. This hole is predicted to destroyS the hollow slightly.

Home / Writing Feedback / Task 1 - Summarize the impact of erosion of a headland