TED Summary: The Art of Free-Stress Productivity by David Allen

Fitri12 28 / 53 6  
There is a phase in life that is experienced by everyone, when productivity gets low and everything turns unstable. It is called crisis zone. Why the crisis is there? According to David Allen, the writer of The Art of Stress-Free Productivity book, it happens when we are not appropriately engaged with the circumstances we face, such as financial and healthy problems or work stress. The crisis then leads us to be overreacted and overthinking since there are actually a lot of things we have not accomplished.

Furthermore, David points out that people tend to blame time as if one day is never enough when getting stress, instead of figure it out and get it done. Hence, he suggests 3 core principles to cope with stress. Firstly, changing perspective in order to create creativity breakdown in managing time. It means we need flexibility not perfection and the ability to shift in and out the focus quickly from one job to another. As a quote states "focused attention if you do not pay attention to what has your attention, you will give it more attention than it deserves". Secondly, getting properly engaged with what is going on to notice what it takes. At last, taking an action to the path you really want by using the right map. That simple.
RAY93 35 / 186 136  
when productivity gets low and everything turns unstable. It is called crisis zone. =
new sentence = it is when productivity gets low and everything turns unstable which called crisis zone

such as financial and healthyhealth problems [pay attention in the using of healthy and health] or work stress. The crisisit [effectively use pronouns to avoid repetition] then leads us to be overreacted (...) we have not accomplished yet .

... people tend to blame time as if one day is never enough whenthen getting stress.....

Firstly, changing perspective in order to create ...

there is no finite verb here. Thus, it can't be named a sentence

It means we need flexibility not perfection and the ability to ...
=it means we need flexibility and ability to shift in and our focus briskly from a job to another, not perfection

Secondly, getting properly engaged with ...where is the main verb? . you can write: getting properly engaged with what is going on to notice what it takes is a need

taking an action to the path you really want by using the right map

Home / Writing Feedback / TED Summary: The Art of Free-Stress Productivity by David Allen