IELTS Writing 7: Summary The Art of Mime

MJT 5 / 8  
Mimes use movements, gestures, and facial expressions to portray a character or an emotion to tell a story without words. Mime can be a combination between abstract and literal. The abstract mime usually has no plot or central character but simply expresses a filling such as sorrow or desire. On the other hand, the literal miming tells a story and is often comedy, using body gestures and facial expressions to present the main character facing some type of conflict in a humorous way, for example, acting out a tug-of-war without an aid of a rope or other props.

Buster Keaton and Charlie Chaplin, superstars of the movie era, sharpened their miming skills in the theater before using them in movies. People still consider Charlie Chaplin a master of the mime technique that was "Little tramp" character, also known as slapstick.

Another twentieth-century, Etienne Decroux, French mime and acting teacher, developed corporeal mime. This art focused on the body, showing thought through movement, and became the prominent from of the modern mime era.

Important - you must give more useful comments not to get suspended. (Last warning)
fadhilmd25 41 / 75 11  
Dear MJT, here are some advices for your writing, feel free to correct me,

Mime can be a combination between abstract and literal -->

... between abstract and literal gestures (put noun here)

but simply expresses a filling -->

but simply to express

People still consider Charlie Chaplin a master -->

as a master

hope it helps you to improve your writing skills,

Regards

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Writing 7: Summary The Art of Mime