Summary of article Blind people use brain's visual cortex to help do maths ( Colin Barras)

Ifan21 22 / 24 2  
Have you ever wondered about the brain mechanism while solving mathematics problem ? Base on a leading theory, understanding number should links the visual experience because of strong between them. If it is so, how about the people who have been blind from birth ?. According to Shipra Kanjlia, Student of Johns Hopkins University, blind man can also do math. In order to examine it, she and her peers analysed 36 volunteers which is 17 of whom have been blind at birth. They observed the sample by conducting simple mental arithmatic orservation inside fMRI scanner. The results show that Blind man's Intraparietal sulcus (IPS),the region of brain, has also being activated. Hence, we have innate ability to compute number without visual experience is requeired. Further more, they also found out an extra area of the brain which is related to work on mental arithmetic problems particularly cortex. According to their experiment, the region from All of the blind volumteers who gave the correct answer was visual cortex. Thus, they suggested the extra region (Cortex) is also trigered by caculation process.
RAY93 35 / 186 136  
BaseD on a leading theory, understanding number should linkslink the visual experience because of strong relation between them.

If it is so, how about the people ...
According to Shipra Kanjlia,aStudent[capitalization issue] of Johns Hopkins University, blind manmen can also do math.

... 36 volunteers which is ARE 17 of whom have ...
orshe and her peers analysed 36 volunteers who have been blind at birth....

... by conducting simple mental arithmatic orservation inside fMRI[misspelling] scanner.

ability to compute number without REQUIRED visual experience is requeired.
... to work on mental arithmetic problems [need comma] particularly cortex.
... the region from All of the blind volumteers who gave the correct ...
Thus, they suggested the extra region (Cortex) is also trigered by caculation process.

pay attention in spelling. it will be a serious hurdle if it comes to hand writing
Alamsyah Ismail 24 / 43  
Hello Ifan
i have advice to you about your spelling

simple mental arithmatic orservation
.... observation

inside fMRI scanner
...FMRI

All of the blind volumteers who gave the correct answer
....volunteers

Home / Writing Feedback / Summary of article Blind people use brain's visual cortex to help do maths ( Colin Barras)