Summary of Article "Britain's First Female Doctor"

hikuma21 2 / 3  
The first female doctor of Britain was Elizabeth Garrett Anderson. She was described as a happy girl even she was claimed as a stupid one in her childhood period. The only one who supported her dream to be the first female doctor in Britain is her father. Her father believed that girls should have as good an education as boys. This was also the reason for the father to educate his daughter at home with some teenage years at a boarding school for girls.

Many ignorance Elizabeth got, when she was known as a woman who wanted to be a female doctor. Most doctors and surgeons did not agree female joining their ranks. The medical colleges also did the same thing. When Elizabeth sent her applications to teaching hospitals and universities, all of them were sobering up. The Society shrank alarm, but her father threatened to prosecute it and finally in 1865 Elisabeth could pass the exams. When she died there in 1917, her London hospital was renamed after her in her honor.

source link: historytoday.com/richard-cavendish/britain%E2%80%99s-first-female-doctor
ashelarisa48 36 / 52 4  
Hello Hikuma! I have just read your summary and I want to try to give you a bit suggestions.

Most doctors and surgeons did not agree disagreed about female joining their ranks.

When Elizabeth sent her applications to teaching hospitals and universities, all of them were sobering up.
I think we can also use educational hospitals.

The Society shrank alarm, but her father threatened to prosecute it. and Finally in 1865, Elisabeth could pass the exams.

Keep writing, Hikuma!
Best regards

Home / Writing Feedback / Summary of Article "Britain's First Female Doctor"